When romantic 'love' hurts so much is that really a love relationship

You’d still be playing with his feelings. Personally, I don’t think it’s OK.

1 Like

In what way am I playing with his feelings?

Tbh, I would like the guy to feel the same way about me, that way, we are both growing to love each other romantically.

Yingayang. Stop it.

We are not on a dating site.

@san_pedro will find some1 at the right time, don’t u agree

I’m just kidding and messing around. You guys are too for a part in regards to distance anyways.

2 Likes

Yep it is all timing IMO

right time right moment

It will happen I am only 39 with hopes dreams and goals

1 Like

Yep I agree! My mom has been married 4 times in her life and was with my biological father for 16 years but her true love I think was my stepdad may he rest in peace, they met when they were in their 50’s, and she still misses him. I went through a lot of toads before I met my husband who I love more than I ever thought I could love a guy! I never knew what a good relationship felt like until him and it’s amazing, you’ll find someone!

1 Like

Your mom has been married 4 times in her life??? Wow, both my mom & dad have been married for over 40+ years together giving birth to both me & my sister.

I have a friend that attracts players. Bless her, she can’t seem to help herself. And then she has a good moan about bad boys and narcissists and all that. I don’t really buy in for all those terms.

I freed myself from a terrible (abusive) relationship in the past. It was not worth what it cost me and I regret it. I am very glad I escaped.

Anyway, sorry if I’ve gone off topic. Was just trying to chime in. I hope you get what you want out of relationships @Zoe, and wish you all the best.

Because he can’t help how he feels about you. It doesn’t really help much if you’re honest about it. If he’s in love, he probably won’t be able to make himself let you go anyway. So it’s mean and selfish. The kind thing to do in a situation like that is to break up.

If you want an arranged marriage, however, I’m sure there are ways of doing that, and that would be different.

I kind of wish I lived in a country that did arranged marriages through the government. I think India does this? But to be honest it’s so hot out there that I probably couldn’t handle it!

1 Like

Like I said, I would like to be with someone who feels the same way, so that there’s a mutual understanding.

It is not selfish. And not mean.

How long were you in the abusive relationship for?

It is really great you got out of it. Some people struggle with that for various reasons.

Thanks Mae. It was 13 years or so, I was young when it started and very easy to manipulate. Being unhappy is not worth it, even if you think it’s love. But I think I’ve gone off on a tangent, so I’m sorry to derail the thread.

1 Like

Yea that’s so true. This is kind of my thread topic so you’re fine. No tangent.

1 Like

I was in a brief hookup relation that went bad. The lady was emotionally manipulative. I didn’t really understand that’s what people could be like at the time. But hey now I know.
My current relationship is low stress and nice

1 Like

Well that just sounds like a casual relationship or an arranged marriage, then. Lots of people do that. It’s a legitimate choice.

1 Like

Yea I never thought of it as an arranged marriage but I suppose you could compare it to that :slight_smile:

Well the word marriage is daunting to me but yes the fact it is sorta arranged and the fact there’s commitment :slight_smile: cling kinda true

1 Like

romantic love is most like drug addiction. Someone comes off heroin or goes through a break up and thier symptoms are the same. Or rather thats the best comparison ive heard and i like that idea.

1 Like

But in the end love affection or romance cannot be ruled back to or from first principals using deduction or induction. Its a highly feeling based intuitive process that is action based and words or even thoughts fail to describe it.

1 Like