When I was in psychosis

I don’t speak much about this but a few weeks before my psychosis I was working in a hospital.

This guy was really nice to me , just being friendly. How you would when someone is new at work to make them feel welcome. So I was adding people on Facebook (obviously feeling more social ) and I tried to connect with him too. But things got way out of hand. I sent him a few messages but somehow I found myself bombarding him with message after message like every few minutes for 4MONTHS. And even though he never answered I never got the message. I was not in love with HIM but some weird idea I had of him. I felt so ashamed after I left. I did experience psychosis for the last few weeks more intensely. I remember feeling quite depressed too …

Sometimes I wonder if I was manic but sometimes I wonder if it was actually psychosis all along.

2 Likes

My delusions were really weird. We’d get parcels in the workplace and i would think my colleagues were planning a surprise to promote me as a doctor ( as I had special abilities or empathetic powers ) and those were my uniforms so I was looking for places to move out to as being a doctor I’d be making way more money.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll bet most of us have done embarrassing things while psychotic or manic. I know I did, especially during my manic episodes, good lord.

2 Likes

Yah. Glad to have a friend and got carried away. Now you probably won’t do that again, you learned. So even sz has a cap to its behaviours. Oh yeah before psychosis. Gosh… lol

1 Like

Just block him and forget all about it.
When you’re not actually talking to someone both may get the wrong idea.
Just IM you’re not interested and block so he gets the message.

1 Like

Yeah I know that now I haven’t contacted the person in 10 years. I’m sure it was traumatic for him too.

Erotomania totally short-circuits the brain.

I did something similar with a chick. Was pretty mental.

I just thought that maybe if I tried hard enough, or wrote a well-enough worded message she’d come around.

No means no!

1 Like

I’m not excusing my behaviour but honestly don’t know what the hell I was thinking I also think I’m asexual so not sure how that can be erotomania but somehow I got my feelings confused and I did an awful thing.

1 Like

It’s ok, this humaning thing doesn’t come with an instruction manual.

Erotomania’s a BiYotCh.

:hear_no_evil::man_shrugging::dizzy_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.