When a passion starts to become a burden

Has anyone here with an artistic passion ever felt like it’s been a curse? By your own temperament even, such as a “tortured artist” type? I know for me when it comes to music, I can really get frustrated when it comes to relating to other people and get myself uptight. And when it came to being pressured to start writing songs, it felt like it was more than I’m capable of. Kudos to the musicians on here who are also songwriters because, I know, especially with my own listening experience that good songwriting is hard work.

What I really got out of performing at the recovery centre was not just that I was adding value to the world, but especially, the response I received from other people there. We just had some renovations done there and music therapy as well as the rest of the schedule is still up in the air. If they do decide to have it on a day I’m not usually there, then I’ll happily concede to that and maybe let other clients have a go at it who might not have even had a chance to. Besides, I’d like to think that the performing has gone as it’ll go for me. I’m trying to focus less on music, really.

2 Likes

I was passionate about writing until I began writing for a job. It was nice to work for myself, but freelance sucked the joy from it all.

4 Likes

Hmm. . .

To Be Sincerely Honest I Love Everything About Music.

I Love To Try And Discover New Avenues To Create And Hopefully Inspire.

I Love To Examine Thoughtfully, Different New Approaches In Music With The Seemingly Endless Genre’s That Exist As It Continues To Evolve. Which Is Extremely Fun And Exciting When It’s Slightly Dark And Spiritually Courageous. Which Can Be Seriously Curious In Aura.

(Whatever That Means)

Point Is,

I Love Writing Song’s. I Get Very Little Feedback. But!, When I Do, It Can Actually Be An Almost Life Altering Moment In Time. In A Usually Positive Way. And Even If The Feedback Is Trying To Tear Me To Shreds. It Becomes A Great Learning Experience. And I Casually Shift My Energetic Tectonic Plates And Evolve Some More. So, I Guess You Could Say, It’s A Win/Win.

(Which I’m Sure Upsets Most)

N e Hoo.

If It’s An Honesty True Form Of Passion, And Meant For You, It Will Never Become A Burden.

Seek And You Shall Find!.

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :eagle: :paw_prints: :eagle:

1 Like

I don’t have much passion about activities tbh ! I play drums everyday but I’m not in love with them ! I’m a respectable drummer!

4 Likes

Sometimes I feel I’d be happier if I was dumber.

1 Like

Hmm. . .

I’m Not Sure What You Mean Exactly.

Are You Saying That Drummers Give Respect By Admitting Some Form Of Ignorance In Music?.

Because ‘Dave Grohl’ From, ‘Nirvana’, Was A Drummer, And After The Lead Guitarist And Vocalist, ‘Kurt Cobain’ Committed Suicide. Dave Formed, The ‘Foo Fighters’. Which Turned Out To Be One Of The Greatest Bands In Rock. So. He Wasn’t Ignorant As Proof Shows.

He Also Introduced Me To, ‘Billie Eilish’ Some Time Back. As She Became, As ‘Radiohead’ Titles One Of Their Song’s. ‘It Girl Rag Doll’. Although One Of My Favorite Current Female Musicians.

So. Your Comment Is Slightly Confusing.

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace~ :eagle: :paw_prints: :eagle:

1 Like

When I was younger, I worked full-time and played guitar between four and six hours a day. Now that I’m getting older, my hands are fried and I have lost some of my dexterity.

Not so much a burden as a bummer. But that will never stop me from writing and playing

2 Likes

I’m saying that I get respect from drummers regarding my playing abilities

2 Likes

Hmm. . .

That’s Great. Keep Your Dreams In Focus. You May One Day Be Able To Form A Respectable Band. Good Luck!. Keep Playing. And Never Give Up On Yourself And Your Dreams!.

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :eagle: :paw_prints: :eagle:

Hmm. . .

Ya’know, I Never Payed Much Attention To Drummers Really Until The ‘Foo Fighters’. It Started As Jus Dave In The First Album. Which Is Insanely Impressive. I Kinda Took Notice Of Drummers In Alternative. But!,

When ‘Abe Cunningham’, From, ‘The Deftones’, Arrived, Everything Changed.

That Guy Is Something Else Entirely. Then Later Down The Road, ‘The Strokes’, Added In The Bass Guitar. The Album, ‘Is This It’, Way Back Grabbed My Attention On New York And All It Had To Offer In The Music Universe.

I’m No Expert. But!, If You Ask Me, ‘Radiohead’ Defeats Them All Universally. No Contest!.

But!, In My Venture Into Other Genre’s ‘My Bloody Valentine’ Comes Close. If Not Completely.

Yep!.

Yap!.

Yup!.

Yas!.

Uh Huh!.

Yea Dave Grohl can groove a bit!

I mean not Dave Grohl but Taylor Hawkins both good drummers! I personally like steely Dan drummers all these great session drummers great groove! Every steely Dan song is a great drum song! A lot of the metal stuff these guys are doing nowadays is insane too!! With the double bass!!

1 Like

Check out this guy https://youtu.be/vABR0awmhuc

Hmm?. . .

You’re Going To Have To Make Your Link Visible And More Within The Stroke Of Clarity.

‘All Apologies’.

Same problem with photography. Doing it profesionally nearly destroyed it for me. Also, I will never go to another wedding for as long as I live because brides. Told my kid she had damn well better elope. Enjoying photography again now that it is separate from earning a living.

3 Likes

Sorry I’m not sure why it wasn’t visible

Hmm. . .

In Order To Make Your Metaphorically Invisible Link More Visible.

(In The Sense Of Music Videos)

Then All One Needs To Do Is…, Tell The Person Or Persons They Are Speaking To Who The Artist Is. And Which Member Of The Band It Is They Are Trying To Reveal.

(For Whatever Purpose)

Feel Free To Continue With Explaining Your Personal Inspiration Or Inspirations.

N e Hoo.

My Personal Opinion On Greatest Drummers Of All Time With A Witches Brew Groove. . .

Is!.

‘Meg White’. From ‘The White Stripes’.

One Of The Greatest Drummer Records Of All Time Is, ‘Icky Thump’. Released In 2007.

Have A Great Day, @matthewj!.

Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening, And Or Night!.

Whichever Is The Case.

I’m not sure anyone has mentioned him yet, but Neil Peart of Rush is brilliant beyond words

1 Like

The creative’s curse is that you won’t feel alive unless you’re creating, which the law of numbers acts against.

Only a tiny tiny minority of creatives even pay the bills with their work. Most are welfare bums.

3 Likes