What's your weird experiences from the coronavirus?

Watching Have I Got News For You is a bit surreal. You never really see tv as a Skype interview.

1 Like

It makes people more paranoid.
One cough and you get the deathstare from 20+ people waiting in line to get into the local supermarket

7 Likes

Some people start panicking, it’s kinda funny but not at the same time lol.

I’m an asshat, I’m sorry.

1 Like

I always get pretty nervous if I need to cough in public. Times are different.

Pre-COVID-19, I would get excited about receiving stuff I bought from Amazon or EBay. Today, I’m all excited because the handcrafted fabric masks I ordered online are arriving today. I’m so excited about that! :mask: :grimacing: :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I find it weird that news is now being broadcast almost exclusively from the anchors’ bedrooms now.

4 Likes

I just find it so weird that my sister is at home all the time. And same for my parents.
Feels like they are all turning into a home body me. Lol.

Very bizarre

2 Likes

Someone said this on here, I forget who though.

“All of humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.” - B.P

1 Like

If that is true, I would also argue that mankind’s greatest achievements stem from the same thing.

2 Likes

Elaborate ?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I feel weird wearing my mask in public. I see many in the store without them…about half…I do it anyway…I panic if I think I messed up being safe.

1 Like

It’s not weird for me, I’ve always stayed isolated. This is nothing new. I do feel bad for the people who have died, though.

1 Like

Wearing a mask when grocery shopping is to protect other people from saliva droplets (if you cough, sneeze, talk) so they should be very happy that you’re wearing a mask and they should return the courtesy by also wearing a mask or face covering.

Right now face covering is a recommendation in most places but it could become mandatory in some areas. For example, in Los Angeles, wearing face coverings while at essential businesses is now mandatory.

2 Likes

definitely doing a pet drop with my mom to get my cat’s spay stitches removed at the vet. An ex friend brought me some food and rubbing alcohol and then later blurted out his sister, whom he just visited, works in a hospital and i was like :open_mouth: , so i got paranoid about being an asymptomatic carrier and wrangled a ride for my newest cat to get her stitches removed from her recent spay.
Basically, I caught the cat and sprayed her down with flea spray in case that pesticide somehow killed viruses magically
then i got her onesie which she has been wearing so she can’t bite her stitches out—and wiped it down with a bleach wipe.
then i put the onesie on the cat
then i wiped her carrier inside and out down with bleach wipes.
then i put the cat in the carrier.
then i waited for the arranged text message to arrive from my mom saying she had parked.
i put the cat on the front porch, retreated inside, and texted “cat on porch”
then i watched out my window surveillance cam as my mom retrieved the cat and drove off in a mask.
she texted me from the vet there were multiple cars parked, all spaced out, and that they were all calling the vet to come pick up their pets from their running cars. a woman walked right in and every car got mad and when she came out someone goes WHAT HAPPENED and she goes i didn’t know and retreated to her car with her dog. the vet tech came out, retrieved my cat, and took her inside.

then brought her out, no more stitches, and my mom texted me next when the cat was back on the porch in her carrier, at which point i said ‘ok go back to car, ill go outside to grab her in 10 seconds. leave by 10 seconds.’ it was like a spy movie where we had to drops without seeing each other so weird

2 Likes

Well, if we were content to sit quietly alone in a room, we wouldnt have advanced very far as a species.

2 Likes

Oh dear, but I am (generally-speaking) content to sit alone in a room. :grimacing:

2 Likes

This isn’t weird but more like ducking sick. You hear on the news about people intentionally coughing on products at the store. Stupid ass people.

2 Likes

Oooooo the people who do that kind of stuff should be put in cages and zapped with cattle prods in public.

:smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Going to the supermarket is weird… Must be 6 feet apart and only a certain amount of people can go in at once everyone wearing masks including me… just bizarre stuff

2 Likes

Seeing people wearing masks whilst driving in a car with all the windows shut, and nobody else in the car is up there

1 Like