Whats your secret to success? šŸ¤”

Humility. I donā€™t always get treated the best when Iā€™m at work or doing something else but I donā€™t have a huge ego and I can accept taking some crap from people when other people might make a big deal about it and give up or quit. I donā€™t like getting treated badly and not everyone treats me badly and sometimes I get treated pretty well. But other times Iā€™ll put up with peoples bulls*it. I donā€™t know exactly why Iā€™ve been able to work for almost 40 years. Desire, perseverance, not giving up play a big part of it. I just have an ability to work so I use it. It probably doesnā€™t seem like it but Iā€™ve been somewhat smart from an early age. And the desire to take a chance and go to college means I have one more class to go after I finish this one in two weeks.

Maybe my secret to success is just being too stupid and unaware to know I shouldnā€™t be able to do something so I go ahead and do it.

5 Likes

Love
Hard work
Frugality
Appreciation of the little things, like coffee

3 Likes

I am not what you would call successfulā€¦ like at all, but Iā€™d say ā€œdonā€™t overthink thingsā€

I have a hard time following that advice myselfā€¦ but when I donā€™t overthink, things go wellā€¦

For example, when it comes to socializing

4 Likes

Hard work and boldness, it gives you ā€œeverything you desire in reachā€, what i call successful.

3 Likes

A lot of the things I had hoped would happen didnā€™t, but other fun things happened instead. I never got my wish of being an airline pilot or a radio DJ. I still have fun playing flight sim games and now flying around my mini-drone to take pictures with. I have a hobbyist radio station running from my basement that I have a blast with. Nothing wrong with a detour if you remember to enjoy the journey.

I really admire how you set a goal and nail it hard. Youā€™re a great example.

:blush:

3 Likes

My secret to success is to find your passion and roll with it.

:grinning:

2 Likes

Words of wisdom. Thats wants vs needs i guess.

1 Like

Amen brother!
Appreciation = :old_key:

Life moves pretty fast. If you donā€™t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

There is no secret, just be yourself.

3 Likes

Sometimes you need to change yourself to be successful.

4 Likes

Maybe what we need to do is ā€œbecomeā€ ourselves

2 Likes

Not sure how to respond to this. I can tell you that I remember the things I thought and did and felt before I sobered up and cleaned up, but that I no longer relate to them. It has become foreign to me, almost like someone else was steering my body then and I was just a passenger. Of course I know it was me being a fresh idiot back then, but the myself then is not one that myself now can connect to.

3 Likes

biting the ankles
teeth gnash claws flash rictus grin
such a clever girl

3 Likes

Good one.

I was successful last year in multiplying my money by a factor of 8 in the stock market. Some people did well in the stock market last year, but not many can say that.

Humility, believe it or not, is one of the secrets of learning enough to do that. If you think you know everything, it follows that you have nothing to learn.

Also, humility is related to a reasonable degree of unselfishness and patience, as Nick mentioned; because if you think you are terribly important, then it follows that your interests are terribly important.

My wisdom poem has grown to over 500 lines over the last few years. I guess Iā€™ll finally share the first 2:

Love makes a body whole.
Donā€™t be a snotty soul.

4 Likes

Rid yourself of disappointment and youā€™ll always be surprised.

7 Likes

If you try to kill someone, they also wont trust you again!

Stopped following your cricket team, did you???

:rofl:

4 Likes

Create the enviroment that is good for you.

2 Likes

hahaā€¦the level I play thereā€™s no expectationā€¦itā€™s a little different because we are shite! We have seasons where we donā€™t win a game but itā€™s still fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Youā€™ll never be shite to me.

:kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes