What's your most problematic side effect?

Well done pedro. I do remember you saying the other day on the boards here that you walk for 12km or more daily. In the last 5 or 6 days I’ve walked a total of 30km. In a good day I can walk maybe 10km. Do you get lots of blisters?. I have a good pair of shoes but still get blisters from walking just 7km per day. Walking 16km is HUGE. I would LOVE to be able to do that. Basically it means you can eat whatever you want and not worry about putting weight on

1 Like

thanks Andy…
yes when i started in early november i did get a lot of foot blisters but after a while my feet hardened up and i dont get them now, well done to yourself every bit of excesise helps and i find its great for feeling well, i started off with 10km walks then increased it to 16km, i have a ipod and it says 16km walks burn at least 700 calories and its true because ive lost a lot of weight

1 Like

Definitely weight gain.

depended on what drug i was on at the time. Seroquel - tired all the time and dry mouth. Zyprexa (olanzapine) made me feel numb and dead, Clozapine was worst - severe tiredness and drooling, Risperdal and amisulpride (which I am now on) were best meds but sexual dysfunction a problem. There’s always a catch to taking meds, you just have weigh pros against cons!

Hey - I take it clozapine didn’t work at all for your voices?. You seem to have tried a few…were you kind of treatment resistant or something?. I ask this because I am starting clozapine next week for my voices. I have tried what you’re taking now, and it didn’t do anything.

I don’t remember if clozapine helped my voices, it was such a long time ago - 2004 - but I couldn’t live with the side effects. seroquel definitely didn’t work for me. nor did haloperidol. zyprexa was also problem with side effects. it was only risperidone and amisulpride which helped me. but don’t worry about it, clozapine is said to be a good drug and it will work for some people, everyone’s different, so maybe you will have success with it. Good luck!