What's your favorite form of

Exercise? Mine is yoga, piano practice, and stair climbing.

2 Likes

Marching band mostly, swimming, and I kinda want to get back into tennis.

Also, no offense, but how is practicing the piano exercise? I used to practice the piano, trying to teach myself how to play, but it wasn’t really exercise, sorry.

2 Likes

Jogging pilates or yoga swimming

Weight lifting… and i also liked to run jog b4 i tore my calves.

Playing the piano does burn some calories. According to MyFitnessPal.com, like 167 calories per hour. So, I count it as exercise.

1 Like

I realized that my comment may have come across as a little snotty. I didn’t mean it like that. I just meant I don’t understand how it’s exercise.

1 Like

It’s only exercise in that it burns calories.

1 Like

Doesn’t brain activity use up lots of energy when concentrating. So you need to concentrate quite a bit with piano it’s a bit like studying isn’t it.

2 Likes

Yes. You’re really working your brain more than your body when you play piano.

1 Like

I’ve moved up to jogging. I enjoy walking/jogging and listening to my itunes on random on my phone. It’s amazing how music can energize you whilst you exercise!

1 Like

I started taking walks at my sisters mobile home park. I’ve only done it four times but I hope to build myself up to a few times a week. It’s only been for 20 minutes but it’s a start. I was there today and it was nice weather and I walked down about 3/4 quarters of a mile and saw only 5 or 6 people out and a few cars. That’s my type of area!

My sister has a nice home there and she just fixed up her side yard. She did a good job, she got rid of ugly, old dirt beds and overgrown plants and lined the small area with rocks and new, neater vegetable beds and covered the area in small neat rocks and stuck two chairs back there. She said that while her and her roommate are at their jobs that I am free to sit in the side yard and relax after my walks. So I did that today too and it was quiet and peaceful.

3 Likes

I like walking to the shops or library. Get exercise and being eco-friendly and going somewhere purposeful at same time :blush:

I used to jog, but not anymore due to the air pollution in China. Now I I do aerobics at home everyday. Also I dance.

Hiking swimming walking and Tai chi are my favorites my youngest son also likes doing this with me and that makes me happy.

3 Likes

Horse Riding and Swimming. I haven’t done either of these since putting on weight and becoming a house hermit.

1 Like

What a wonderful father-son bond!

1 Like

Since when piano practice is exercise? You lose weight from your fingers? lol

Yoga and pilates :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.