What's your current situation?

Profession/Academic: I teach part-time at a community college and also work a crappy part-time job on midnights at a gas station. Next week I interview for a second teaching job, which would begin in January.

Friends/Social circle: I have a couple good friends and a few other friends, plus my friends here on the forum.

Money: extremely tight.

Love: I’ve been in love a few times, been married (we split ten years ago), but I gave up dating a couple years ago.

Spirituality: I am not spiritual or religious.

Health: physical health is pretty good.

Emotions: I deal with a lot of depression despite taking two ADs and a mood stabilizer, besides bits and pieces of psychotic symptoms.

Profession/Academic: Associates Degree, 1981. Previously worked in Banking as a computer programmer/analyst. Been on disability since 2008.

Friends/Social circle: I live alone and don’t have any friends. Attend NA/AA meetings regularly.

Money: I receive $1787.00 a month from Social Security. I’m critical when it comes to debt.

Love: Gay. I had two lovers when I was a young man. The first was for 2 years, the second for 10 years.

Spirituality: Christian beliefs. Started becoming more spiritual after joining AA.

Health: Emphysema, Diabetes, over weight, poor diet.

Emotions: I’m very calm when it comes to emotions.

Profession/Academic: Information Technology. Been worked for 124 months since 2000.
Friends/Social circle: Facebook with 0 connections. Occasionally pay a visit to local welfare home.
Money: Own a motorcycle (less than $1300), no savings
Love: Single
Spirituality: Former JW. Read daily text.
Health: High cholesterol, obese
Emotions: Good

• Profession/Academic: I currently work for a telecommunications company. I’m doing an online class for professional medical billing and coding.
  • Friends/Social circle: I have 1 friend, but I only see her once a year or less. I’m on friendly terms with my coworkers, but I don’t hang out with them.
  • Money: I have a steady income, thankfully.
  • Love: I’m married. Almost 5 years. :slight_smile:
  • Spirituality: I consider myself Christian, but I don’t go to church anymore.
  • Health: My health is bad. I’m in good shape, but I have a lot of chronic illnesses and disabilities. I have schizoaffective, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, asthma, type 1 diabetes, gastroparesis, eosinophilic esophagitis, Raynaud’s, diabetic neuropathy, sciatica, and osteoarthritis. Yay. I’m obviously building a collection. /sarcasm
  • Emotions: They’ve been pretty stable lately, for the most part. I’ve had some low spots, but mostly stable.
  • Profession/Academic; I’ve completed a ground course in caregiving, but I’m not putting it to use. I’m waiting for the government to put me into an internship at an office.

• Friends/Social circle; I don’t have many real-life friends where I live, but I do have some.

• Money; I’ve got none

• Love; I don’t have a romantic love in my life, but I have friendly and family-love

• Spirituality; I don’t know what to believe in anymore. Still clinging to some buddhist beliefs

• Health; Is it ever good? If it’s not my head, it’s my stomach.

• Emotions. My emotions are somewhat under control these days. I still feel a bit low in the evenings, but not by much.

1 Like
  • Profession/Academic; Non existent
  • Friends/Social circle; No friends,just family
  • Money; About £4k
  • Love; Nothing
  • Spirituality; No
  • Health; Probably average for how unfit/obese I am
  • Emotions. Very flat according to my stepdaughter.
  • Profession/Academic; I don’t have a profession, I work a temp job at a warehouse. Hopefully this’ll be a springboard to something better if I can stay with it until the season ends.
  • Friends/Social circle; No friends, just family. People I meet don’t like me or something.
  • Money; I get disability benefits plus paycheck when I work. I live at home and have to pay some bills, but they’re not too bad for me.
  • Love; No
  • Spirituality; I’m an atheist.
  • Health; Thyroid issues and chronic fatigue and obesity.
  • Emotions. Feeling pretty happy when I’m at home, miserable at work.

Profession. Retired Marine. 3 college degrees. An associate, bachelors and a masters. Currently on SSDI and am contemplating a nonpaid work experience through the VA.

Friends. I have a few but only really still talk to one and it’s not very often. See him maybe a few times a year.

Money. I am financially secure

Love I have been married for more than 25 years.

Spirituality. I am Christian. Former Baptist. Don’t participate in organized religion anymore. Think it’s a crock of ■■■■.

Health Other than sleep apnea no physical health problems. Schizophrenia is really my only disability along with PTSD.

Emotions I don’t have a range of emotions. Always flat all the time.

2 Likes

Very cool how you did that @DragonStorm

1 Like

Thank you for your service @TomCat

2 Likes

Profession - housewife and occasional artist
Money - husband supports me well
Love - in love with my husband
Friends - two good friends
Spirituality - Islam
Health - vegetarian and occasionally a walk or cycle on exercise bike
Emotions - good at the moment

• Profession/Academic; Got a bachelors in mechanical engineering and was working on a masters in nuclear engineering when the sza hit me. Currently unemployed and on medical leave from school for a year :frowning:

• Friends/Social circle; Have good friends but they are all in Alabama. I currently live far away from them and I miss hanging out and having a good time

• Money; Doing fairly comfortable, recently got into a little money which Im saving up by living with my Dad rent free

• Love; None since I moved almost 6 months ago

• Spirituality; Try to meditate daily. In reality I meditate like 4 times a week

• Health; Physically healthy and exercise almost every day, but mentally Im lonely and depressed; my condition has been super isolating

• Emotions; Mostly pretty even but sometimes I have extreme anxiety and paranoia, which Ive been managing with exercise and meditation

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time @zwolfgang

1 Like

Thanks, its a tough situation, but we all gotta deal with adversity sometime right? I got my family at least, love em to death. How you doing?

Pretty good. My husband treats me really well and I have a great relationship with my daughter so I can’t complain. If only the men would stop following me

1 Like

Good to hear! Id love to start a family of my own someday. Just need to get healthy so I can do right by whoever I end up with

1 Like

That’s a great attitude. I hope it works out for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like
  • Profession/Academic;
    I load freight into commercial planes at a nearby airport. I have wasted schooling that I’m still in debt from
  • Friends/Social circle;
    I deeply care about a few people, but I avoid them because I often misinterpret their emotions, but I enjoy interacting with them every few weeks/months
  • Money;
    Money could solve most of my problems.
  • Love;
    I’ve actually been having trouble feeling emotions lately. I decided to avoid romantic relationships until I like myself more; I don’t like sex. I have some niche sexual interests, but I wouldn’t initiate intercourse voluntarily.
  • Spirituality;
    I have been improving my spirituality by learning and reasoning to help me deal with the fear and dread and existential crisis I hide from everyone but my brother
  • Health;
    On antibiotics for a failed root canal. Very grateful to have the antibiotics.
  • Emotions
    I cried last week, due to feeling my brother about how frustrated I’ve been with life in general. First time in years. I didn’t even cry at my mom’s cancer diagnosis. Sometimes having the wrong emotion makes me feel bad about myself. I’m practicing memorizing who is ‘safe’ to discuss my thoughts with and who isn’t-I have not been a fantastic judge of character in the past. I want to do my best. Thanks for letting me talk about myself.

Profession - master degree in electrical engineering
Money - alimony $5500 for my 2 daughters and me but need to pay lawyer fee using my saving
Love - none
Friends - a few
Spirituality - none
Health - anxiety
Emotions - good at the moment

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.