Schizophrenia.com

Whats your blood pressure?

I just got mine taken and it was 107/77. Whats yours?

2 Likes

118/ 76 I’m taking metoprolol for it now.

2 Likes

I should know this but I do not remember from my last doctors visit. It was a good reading they said though.

2 Likes

Thats a healthy BP! @roxanna
@Bowens - Glad to hear they said you had a good reading. I want all the forum members to have a good reading!

3 Likes

I have a digital blood pressure monitor here at home. I just took my blood pressure, it’s currently 119/69

1 Like

Last time they took it at the Dr it was 116/68 but I am taking 150mg Irbesartan.

1 Like

So far everyones readings has been in the healthy range!

1 Like

111/88 : / my doc told me the second number is a bit high

1 Like

@cigarino - Yeah your second number is a bit high but not high enough that id be worried. A normal reading is anything below 120/80 I think.

1 Like

you should make one of these for cholesterol lol my total cholesterol is 210 should be less than 200, bad cholesterol (LDL) is 150, should be less than 100

1 Like

I have no idea what my cholesterol levels are lol, I should get them tested.

I take cholesterol meds too, now my cholesterol is in the normal range.

2 Likes

@Aziz - Glad to hear that your cholesterol levels are normal now.

1 Like

I’m on 10mg/day of Crestor for cholesterol. On my last blood test my LDL cholesterol, which is the “bad cholesterol”, my result was 1.39 mmol/L. A healthy person has a reading of around 2 mmol/L.

My doc said because I am diabetic it’s better to have it a bit below 2. So basically my cholesterol level is excellent for me.

2 Likes

Mine was better after taking cholesterol meds as well.

3 Likes

it was perfect then it was too low on 2 occasions but now its normal .

1 Like

I am on the same med and on the same dose.

2 Likes

They started me out on Lipitor but it caused me to develop high liver enzymes. They switched me to Crestor and that has worked out great, I’ve been on it for years now. I use to be on a higher dose but as I’ve lost weight my cholesterol levels decreased, but I still need 10mg/day to get me into that really healthy zone because of my diabetes. Between 1-2 but less than 2.

1 Like

i feel like my docs dont really consider prescribing me cholesterol meds because im so young, ive had high cholesterol reading consistently for like the past 4 years, im 21

2 Likes

Between 115/80 and 150/100 . Depends on the day

1 Like