What's up with these mentally ill pilots yo?

He there sz. One story the pilot just flies his jet with 100+ passengers into a mountain. And they say the pilot was mentally distressed beforehand. And another story where the pilot was brought into custody after he haas ranted about Al Qaida.

I think recognition of mental illness or mental health needs to screen more regularly pilots of these airlines. They are suppose to be the most competent occupation in the world. Such a tragedy. JetBlue air canada should have a mental health screening more than just twice a year idk. If I was on board or knew somehow the pilot was depressed, i mean none of the passengers knew this how sad.

1 Like

Pilots don’t tend to disclose their troubled mental health status because it means they will likely never work again in a career they love. Not only does this prevent them from getting much needed treatment, it can lead to the kind of dramatic outcome we just saw.

Everyone suffers from mental illness at some point, it seems. Airlines need to recognize this and work with it.

10-96

3 Likes

No kidding… Who REALLY let’s a psychotic person in the sky with responsibility

Exactly. They didn’t know the German guy had been suicidal before simply because he didn’t tell them. So yes, they have to do something about their screening process. Not only have some pilots suffered from mental illness some of them have been alcoholics.

1 Like

I wish the pilots were exempt from mental illness. It would be in best interests of society.

3 Likes