Whats the worst thing about having scizophrenia for you?

the worst thing is the forrest gump affect

2 Likes

Having to take meds.

But I know I need them at least.

3 Likes

That there is no known cure.

1 Like

Going from being a normal guy with lots of friends to a complete loner and recluse who barely leaves the house. The feeling of not being able to get back in your right mind. Having to take antipsychotic drugs that ruin your body.

3 Likes

One of the worst parts is the demiurge itself staring at me from outside of my garage at night.

And the fact that i’m being tortured and killed also and that schizophrenia isn’t even real, ■■■■ you pan, ■■■■ you.

1 Like

Negative symtoms, by FAR. At least when I had positive symptoms I could function during the day and sleep at night normally, even though I was talking to multiple people through my head and coming up with all sorts of delusions. The most disabling aspect of schizophrenia for me is my negative symptoms as it makes me lethargic…All I remember from having positive symptoms is being high and low as ■■■■ at multiple times during the day hearing feeling and thinking weird delusions, like an amazing trip on LCD. However I must stress that I also had very bad paranoia at times too and some of my delusions were quite scary, especially to begin with when I first for referred to hospital, my mood lightened however after a few months…I started hearing good voices but also annoying voices too, like crowds talking to me…but maybe the reason I only remember good from the hospital is because my brain has naturally blanked out all the bad stuff. For example it was only a year ago (I was in hospital in 2013) that I remembered some of the symptoms of Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome that I had, which used to kill 30% of people that had it a couple of decades ago (survival rates are much better now) It happens when you react to antipsychotics…I suddenly got a flash back of my severe muscle tensions that I got in my legs, I could hardly walk due to ‘‘lead pipe rigidity’’, not to mention my heart went all wonky, I was sick everywhere, I had hypertension and raised body temperature…im also pretty sure I was in a coma for a time too but that is debatable and not proven (or I haven’t been told). The NMS had a really bad effect on my memory for weeks after it subsided. I remember going for journeys out of hospital for a day with my mum and dad in the car (they allowed this as long as I came back) and I would only remember certain parts of the journey…which was usually remembering coming back but not going out, yeah my mind was ■■■■■■. but hey its even more ■■■■■■ now with negative symtpoms is the point lol.

PEACE!

2 Likes

I miss my old self. ;(

6 Likes

the negative symptoms and how I’m treated by people. And the rage I feel when I’m paranoid

2 Likes

Totally agree. In addition to memory loss and 10 years of horror, I lost a large software business, a wife, a family’s respect, a career, a house, a yacht, my place in the community… but now I’ve been symptom free for 6 years and it’s slowly coming back. Take your Ned’s and get enough sleep.

5 Likes

The delusions and psychosis that go with them.

1 Like

the worst thing is impaired cognition and impaired functioning.
I have very poor mental health( schizophrenia) and I find it worst that my cognition is impaired severely,
and I can’t do anything, no job no studies, no household chores nothing!
These are absolutely the worst things.

1 Like

Anhedonia and being able to develop relationships

2 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s the SZ but for me it’s disturbing thoughts and urges

1 Like

Having messed up obsessive thoughts that everyone around me is my enemy.
Not trusting others.

1 Like

My loss of confidence in myself.

1 Like

My body being destroyed by the medicine that’s been given to me and sometimes forced in me

1 Like

Also the inability to develop relationships due to not being able to connect with others because I lost my center. Oh yea and the meds destroying my body as well. Making it impossible for me to live the healthy active lifestyle that all the people my age do.

1 Like

i really dislike the weight gain from medicine that i take. About respect from others that you lost, i think that you should not be upset about it because Jesus taught that what is respected in this world is looked down upon by God and vice versa, that is if you are a Christian of course.

2 Likes

My family…My family have been total assholes during all this.

3 Likes

The worst things about my sza are the occasional, up all night, insomnia and the occasional bouts of paranoia.