What's the risk of psychosis?

Have been off antipsychotics since Feb… i am scared… i have told my cbt therapist this and it sounds like she thinks it’s an irrational fear… tslls me my pdoc has said its not sz … and everytime i feel anxious i have to tell myself I’m anxious not losing my mind. She says do you have any proof you’ll get it … well the fact that I had it 10 years ago isn’t proof or a rational fear?

If you only had it once and never again I would say your risk is low. In my experience it just gets worse before it gets any better. I think you would know by now.

1 Like

My first ever and last psychosis was in 2010… i did ask rhe pdoc and she told me it will definitely happen again…that was 10 years back… the last pdoc said its not possible its sz or I would be in a different place right now

Protect yourself, protect your brain. Don’t let psychosis happen. You have to care about your mental health. You have that vulnerability. But Probably you’ll never have psychosis again. Good luck.

1 Like

I left work because its got to a point I was feeling extremely low… i thought I need to get out before I lose touch… the psychologist said I shouldn’t have done that …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.