What's the point of this forum?

Only meds that work for me are vraylar 9mg, Cymbalta 120mg, and 450mg lamictal. Been doing this for 10 years now.

I’m not pro psychiatry but some people rant and go off the rails with suggestions, opinions, and pseudoscience. It does need to be moderated somewhat.

I sometimes wonder who pays for this site and runs it and who created it. I know the story, but I’ve seen academics and institutions on the about me page. It just scares me because of mk ultra. Even ucla and other schools were involved and even our government. I should know because I believe it happened to me and I am scared a lot and wary.

But they let me talk here and express my concerns and thoughts and opinions. I am hugely grateful and I couldnt talk about it anywhere else. I think having schizophrenia and being around other schizophrenics comforts me. It allows me to get my sickness out instead of bottling it up and getting sick.

3 Likes

I agree, these pseudoscience posts are annoying and can really be dangerous. I don’t know why they’re allowed. Its dirtying the forum.

2 Likes

I think ppl obsessed with pseudoscience have OCD and they don’t seek treatment, its sad.

2 Likes

It is mostly pro med and i think thats bad, since i believe more in alt therapies and prayer.

My last bad relapse was caused by a user here who pushed alt therapies and who got her hooks into me. She is permabanned and rightfully so. Take that crap elsewhere so it won’t hurt people.

:rage:

3 Likes

This is not a democracy!!!

But really it’s not it’s an independent private owned site that has an idea for recovery in mind for people, a recovery model that has helped millions upon millions!!!
Including myself

WISE WORDS

2 Likes

@Gabzgrl please stay on meds, at least a low dose. Makes life easier.

I would only taper down to zero if you had a good backup strategy. Pretty much no one does. The closest thing I’ve seen to that is a pure vegan low fat lifestyle, which I’ve seen two cases of controlling positives (Victoria Everett and another person on a forum I can’t source, it was long ago.)

Keto can control positives too.

But if you’re just going to adopt the average American diet and expect to fare ok without meds, you’re going to get messed up.

Would like it if we could talk about more things. I feel its over protected. I mean ppl are still gonna see those other things in other places anyways. So wats the difference

The difference is that we protect our more fragile members. When something comes up that is a trigger for you, you’ll appreciate the moderation and protection.

It’s always the same, people don’t think things are an issue until if affects them.

4 Likes

Oh, you mean like using cannabis? Ugh. There’s a new cannabis store in town on my usual walking route. I have to go around it because every time I look at it I want some of the wretched stuff.

1 Like

I can’t suspend the store for you, though I would if they were here.

2 Likes

Three days no weed for me. You don’t wanna relapse and end up behind ole gratitude :pray: :crazy_face:

You’re a zombie, I want you to eat their brains. Well, the bits the weed hasn’t killed.

28.5 years, but I need to be careful of it in the day I’m in. I still crave that junk and the threads about it here make me crazy.

3 Likes

Just stay away from those threads. I know it’s hard.

And they’re in Canada. Long trek for a zombie at the best of times.

Congrats on 28.5 years!!!

Is that the “every color in the spectrum” coin you got recently???

Well anyways congrats on this

Well I dont think I’ll care if I’m psychotic, fragile but that’s just me. If others care then I guess that’s how it’s going to be

The only thing I personally appreciate being moderated is members being abusive towards other members, trolling them, Non stop

When you go to a party’s convention you don’t go in there sporting a large badge with their rival’s name on it.

dude but my post wasn’t even about medication. It was about the label schizophrenia originating from a eugenicist and I wanted some clarity about that but it got closed so no clarity…and I am still bothered by it so there that pretty much sums up my experiences with psychiatry.

It’s a fact. I even posted all the references. What are you all even talking about?

No answer because there is no answer…?