What's the nicest thing you've ever done?

I rescued some baby raccoons who had fallen down the cliff, onto a big beach, in Nova Scotia, Canada. Nova Scotia’s Bay of Fundy has extremely high tides; highest in the world!

My family (my dad) used to own a really big house in Lower Blomidon, NS, and the house had a huge property with a woods, a prairie, a creek, and there was a huge beach.

Anyway, the tide was pretty far out, at the time, like a mile out. I had several hours to rescue the raccoon babies before the tide came up to the cliff side and drowned them. The cliff side would be very deep in water, soon.

So, I got a cat carrier (the plastic crate thing you use to transport your kitty), and I got some gloves (in case the baby raccoons tried to bite me, and also so I didn’t get my human scent on them).

I went back to the little cave/cubby in the cliff side where I found the raccoons. I put the 3 babies in the carrier, and then I brought them up to the prairie, close to where they must’ve tumbled over, but I let them out a good distance away from the cliff edge. That’s where I thought their mama would be.

All 3 babies ran in a specific direction, which I think was the direction of where their mama was waiting.

I felt really good that day. The tide, once it came back in, would’ve swallowed the cliff side and drowned the babies.

I hope they lived out good, happy, raccoon lives. :relaxed: :orange_heart:

:raccoon:

5 Likes