What's the dumbest thing you have ever done?

One time I was in my room, and I looked down and saw a set of keys. I assumed they were my roommates, and I called him and told him I had his keys. He said he hadn’t lost his keys, and he had his keys with him. So I started checking all the locks on all the doors to the apartments in our building. I found out that the keys went to the room of this woman who had left the program. I went into the room, and there were bags and bags of her personal items on the floor. I went up to this one bag and nudged it with my foot, and two bottles of pills rolled out - Klonopin and Atavan. I took the bottles back to my room and took every pill in both bottles - 13 Klonopin and 28 Atavan. I wasn’t trying to commit suicide. I just wanted to get stoned. Those pills were stronger than I thought. When my case manager found me in my room I couldn’t walk. I don’t remember anything after first taking the pills. They to me to the emergency, where I have no idea if they pumped my stomach or not. Then they took me to the mental hospital on a stretcher. I lost my place in the apartments for a long time. That’s a mistake I won’t repeat. That’s possibly the dumbest thing I have ever done.

5 Likes

Dumbest thing I’ve done was take copious amounts of Piracetam, talking a full teaspoon at a time. I went slowly more and more psychotic and manic as I did this, and at one point I had the impression that I was thinking faster than the rest of the world could handle, so I called the cops and just stopped moving on the corner of an intersection and waited for them to handle me.

Then when I was released I kept taking Piracetam and having delusions, thinking I could handle it and lacking the insight to know that I was emotionally unwell, until I was admitted a second time (can’t remember the details of it. Probably had to do with going on a many-hours walk and coming back at like 4 AM.)

I was released, and my mind was in such a fragile state that upon taking 1/4 of a teaspoon of Piracetam I blacked out and attacked my dad with my fists in a blind rage. I was taken to the hospital by force, and admitted to a psych ward for a number of weeks.

So yeah, Piracetam, not even once. Bad nootropic.

3 Likes

There’s not enough letters in the alphabet to describe all the dumb things I’ve done.

5 Likes

You can buy the book at Barnes & Noble. I must warn you, it’s a long read.

2 Likes

Everything I did between 1987 and 1993.

2 Likes

My dumbest thing(s)? Well I was 16 driving to school one morning and I went through a school bus stop sign arm. No kids thank g-d but I got caught and went to court where I lied my rear end off to the judge which needless to say he didn’t buy any of my reasons then got slapped with a hefty fine.

Many, many more but I learned from this one for sure.

Hmmmm…ohhhhh…I know

Once I was talking on the phone with my girlfriend and I was distracted. I told her “sorry I’m not paying attention, I’m looking for my phone”.

Just let that one sink in.

Years later I was on my drug habit and I’m looking around for my weed. And I’m trying to remember where I put it and I couldn’t remember if I smoked it or not. This happened every day. Look for weed, can’t find weed, “did I smoke it?”, buy more weed, lose memory.

1 Like

I once paid 350 usd for a pillow… luckily my brain screamed wtf asoon as i walked out of the store and i returned it…

4 Likes

Drunk driving many years ago, but never was caught.
I never did it again.

Many things. I feel i am the silliest dumbo on earth.

Lots of things with alcohol and drugs. I can think of one time I used cooking gin. It was $5 bottle of gin. So nasty. Bad hangover. Throwing up. Day before work I drank it I was 19.

95% of my stories I was 19 in. Weird!!! It was definitely the most significant year of my life so far

1 Like

I am a guy who has always liked Opera. One day, on December 1st 2014 (a Monday) I skipped school and escaped from home to go watch an opera in France, another country.
I had planned all this the weekend before. First, I hurriedly bought a ticket to watch L’Elisir d’Amore.
Then, I went to the Renfe website and looked for the schedule of the trains that go from my village to Barcelona. Later, I visited the Estació del Nord website to see what coaches went to Marseille and at what hour it would arrive there.
After doing that, I emptied my school backpack and packed it with stuff I would need for the journey.

Next morning, I took the train and went to Barcelona. Once at the station, I was a bit agitated for the fact that I was 16 and was illegally leaving the country, yet I managed to get the receptionist to sell me the ticket.

After a few hours, I arrived at Marseille and went ahead to the Opera house. I had to wait until the second act to access the theater because I arrived late.

When the opera finished I went to the police station in hopes for them to deport me because I had no money to return. The fact of the matter is that they made me sleep in a center for minors and called my dad to come pick me up from Spain.

5 Likes

Now that is awesome!

The dumbest thing I have ever done was hitting a lamppost because I was angry. Broke my knuckle in two places.

A guy picked me up from behind and dropped me into the canal because I was not interested in him. I was drunk like an ass. I wanted to knock him out after that but realized in my now completely wet, drunken haze he was twice my size. So I made the stupid decision to fist the lamppost. Hard!

Or maybe it was when I bought smuggled liquor. Smelled like acetone. I became really drunk on that crap and fell asleep in the shower after vomiting all night.

The first time I got drunk we were at my friends boyfriends house and I starting crying because I felt like my friend was distancing herself from me. I was like really moody and dramatic and everyone had to cheer me up. I threw up and fell asleep on the couch and apparently I was blabbering all night saying things like “I miss XXXXXXX”. I felt stupid because my friend invited me along with her and her friend the next morning and I was being petty and said no.

My friends boyfriend was really understanding though we talked alot in the morning and he made me pancakes, we chilled then I went home, I felt better. Lol nothing as bad ass as you guys :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not dumb that’s super cool! You just became coolest person on the internet to me! :purple_heart:

1 Like

When I was 17 and unlicensed, I stole mum’s car and went driving with my friend in the city. Ran a red light and got t boned whil e t boning another car.

1 Like

Traded a car for a crack. The funny thing was that it was not my car, and I didn’t tell the owner that I traded his car. .I never saw him again but I’ve always wondered if that might have pissed him off.