Schizophrenia.com

What's the closest thing in life to real magic?

I think computers and the internet are close to real magic. I mean I know that computers use zero’s and one’s for all the data they handle but it’s extraordinary that they can go from such a simple beginning to all the complex things a computer can do and display.

What’s something you view as magical?

5 Likes

Childbirth, nothing…person.

6 Likes

the thought that somecomes from nothing and the heart is filled with love. that and that only.

2 Likes

Manual and automatic (non-quartz) watches. The gears and springs and details are so intricate, and yet, somehow they work.

1 Like

The Oculus Quest 2. Never expected to be able to use something like this in my lifetime.

Just amazeballs.

Rawr!

3 Likes

Psychic stuff, but then again, it’s unusual belief stuff. I feel like I already know what causes schizophrenia and what the cure is but it’s not out yet or not available yet. Only a man can dream…

1 Like
5 Likes

Meteor showers, flying in an airplane above the clouds, the laughter of my kids having a nerf battle, when Mr. Star can tell that i need a hug and just gives me one, making a new recipe and watching people taste it for the first time, the deer family that has been hanging by our house for years who left their baby with us for a few days, the first time my kid felt safe enough to hug me, when my dog sees me and gets super excited, the first time Mr. Star said he loved me, swimming in big waves, collecting seashells under the full moon during low tide, having a camp fire late at night and watching the embers glow after all the flames die down

9 Likes

Okay, that’s ALMOST as good as an Oculus.

4 Likes

You have a lot to be grateful for @ninjastar . Brought a tear to my eye

3 Likes

The natural high I used to get after doing martial arts. It was like you were walking on top of the world. Very magical feeling

5 Likes

The connection you make sometimes when looking someone eye to eye.

6 Likes

Dawn -

okokokoko

3 Likes

You throw away a dream catcher from the mail Someone comes along and takes it.

1 Like

The alchemy of cake baking!

3 Likes

Asthma medication and medical stuff in general.

2 Likes

Good question. wish I could write about it. but confirmation that everything is going to be ok and that Im on the right path…

and birds as I see them as signs…there was an eagle following me when I was leaving a therapist and I saw it as a sign as a turning point in life…or crossroads…
I see cardinals all the time… I saw a speckled white owl during winter… a dove flew in through the window when my brother had been born and was home for the first time…

I see birds as nature’s little angels…or Gaia’s messengers.

3 Likes

Chocolate is magical. Before my diabetes diagnosis, I used to eat it regularly.

1 Like

Childbirth. Watching a baby learn and develop. The human brain. Electricity.

3 Likes

How’s the no medication going? Hopefully all is well.

1 Like