Schizophrenia.com

What's the best thing you've ever had to eat?

My brother made it
. It was so good

3 Likes

Pork Colombo cooked by my mother.
Cheese fondue.
Raclette.
Tartiflette.

I also like a lot eating at Vietnamese restaurant and Indian restaurant.

3 Likes

Left over spaghetti bog fried crispy in the pan with cheese.

There used to be a restaurant that made the best bhel puris yummy :yum:

1 Like

There used to be a great vegetarian restaurant in town that Made the best won ton soup. Loved it!

1 Like

Pork pepper buns from a night market in Taiwan. Further details here:

So good- I love Taiwan and Taiwanese foods.

1 Like

Fresh Kittens :stuck_out_tongue:
Nah.

I really like Korean food. Like sushi or spicy chicken with noodles. Probably my favourites. Its also not terrible fast food like pizza or burgers etc.

A good curry is also fantastic. I used to enjoy having small portions of multiple curries when we order takeaway.

Actual Italian pizza/pasta can also be gorgeous. Tho quite different to what we have.

3 Likes

The best meal I ever had was at a bbq place in Virginia surprisingly. I had dirty rice and burnt ends and even the different bbq sauces were all delicious. :weary:

2 Likes

That’s actually mine as well!

2 Likes

My favorite food is rather commonplace. Nothing extravagant. I like homemade taco salad or tacos the best I think.

4 Likes

me likey pizza 44563456345

1 Like

The best restaurant I have ever been to was in Japan. Oddly enough the specialty was chicken. Everything else was good too. I lived there three years. We went to that place all the time.

The Kobe beef in Japan was pretty good too but crazy expensive.

1 Like

Pork chops. 151515151415

:sponge:

2 Likes

The Grilled Meats platter at La Veranda in Philly. A seafood restaurant, this was the only non-seafood option, as I’m allergic to seafood. O boy, this was beyond amazing, visions of Tuscan chefs roasting meat over open wood fires were impossible to hush, absolutely set the bar for meat preparation in my mind forever. The palate cleanser was just as fun, lemon ice served in a half lemon, and good? I about passed out. And the best part? The deep-pockets company was paying the bill, and since they were all getting langostines and lobster and crab, I was the cheap date for the night. PLUS I got to see the high level exec types get loose and act stupid, I WISH they had cellphones with cameras back then. I could’a got a great shot of this newly minted exec type holding the floor as he drooled on about how he wouldn’t have to deal with the “little people” any more". I wanted to stab him in the throat, but video of this douchebag would have been priceless. Rrrr, opportunities lost. :triumph:

2 Likes

Swordfish at a high end restaurant years and years ago it was amazing!

2 Likes

Toast skagen
Originates from Sweden

2 Likes

Baked ham and escalloped potatoes.
Manicotti (two days ago).
Tacos.

2 Likes

Great idea! Thanks. 15151515

1 Like

I’m trying to think of the best thing I’ve had to eat, and it’s probably Thanksgiving dinner prepared by my mother, or Christmas dinner also prepared by my mother. Nothing too fancy, just amazing home cooked food. I consider it “soul food”, even though it’s not exactly what you think of when you think Southern soul food.

4 Likes

One of them is the breakfast burrito this local diner had when I was a kid. Perfectly done scrambled eggs with spicy rice and a stretchy flour tortilla. I’ll never forget it.

4 Likes