What's the best thing you learnt here?

What was it…?

13 :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

That it was the drug (Olanzapine) that was giving me bad side effects.

I learned this in 2015 from Pixel when I made a thread and we discussed it and he shared his story with me which I was grateful for at the time, as my life was a mess.

Probably another thing was learning that discharging myself from services two weeks after being out of hospital and getting my diagnosis was not the best idea.

It took 2 years for me to get any understanding about the illness or the medication.

I don’t see Schizophrenia as something separate - it’s part of who I am, and it’s inseparable from me and isn’t going anywhere soon now I checked with my new doctor

2 Likes

Antipsychotic side effects. Better understanding of SZ from people’s experiences.

Also found out about amyloban here.

That I have schizophrenia.

I was in denial over twenty years believing it was real then reading this forum I saw other people with similar symptoms and it is thanks to this forum that I accepted my diagnosis.

I nolonger have positives thankfully but am sensitive and should avoid stress and should have lots of time in bed .

2 Likes

Patience! 151515

1 Like

That I’m not alone, there’s others like me :blush:

6 Likes

Feels good to know doesnt it lol

Be kind to strangers. You never know when someone is doing worse than you.

2 Likes

Consistently picking winning lottery numbers.

:wink:

5 Likes

Not feeling alone, that many people experience similar side effects and bs pdocs.

That all of you are liars.

p.s. you’re blocked.

General pharmaceutical knowledge

Don’t sweat the small stuff

1 Like

That we all have problems with sz and the different ways we deal with them. Its great, I wish I could understand languages on foreign forums, but English is a international buisness language.

That I’m not the only one with this shizz

The importance of taking meds.

1 Like

Don’t take a supplement advertised on a mental health site.

2 Likes

symptoms get better by time

1 Like

To :clap: Stay :clap: On :clap: Meds

3 Likes

Coping techniques when things get tough.

Medication side effects and expectations.

I also love that I don’t feel alone now. I’m the only Sz that I know where I am. Except maybe my mom but she won’t admit it.

Passing time. :alarm_clock:

2 Likes