What's the best job for someone with sz?

Probably not a sign language interpreter or a teacher. I don’t like being the center of attention.

2 Likes

Accounting, office administrative - clerical work, computers, maybe engineering. These are the types of things that pop up a lot as what people work in/or are studying.

Hope this helps :v:

2 Likes

Little public contact plus ability to work at home. Second - choose analytical or artistic. This is all individualistic…Can tell you some of the most screwed up jerks gravitated to tech so watch your back…Nonprofits have a lot of closet psychopaths. Govt can run anything on their employees over and over, scam city for the lowliest paid AND some with good govt work DID get married to keep the sex harasser in offer from ruining them despite all the laws and WHOLE department knows who is shopping the bridal or putting … with it. . Marketing has the friendliest people but DO NOT DO PR/EVENTS if you have any social problems, these will RUIN YOU. Need to be social media/collateral materials…Been stabbed in back BAD by the PR/EVENT people so NO CLUE how the professionals nor the customers would treat me at public event, so had to retire this. Too bad, always liked to socialize…BTW, the PR/EVENTS thing ruined people who served on the board and they screwed them HARD if they ever caught you even trying to attend a convention or even put your name on a blog. Work as ghost writer…So if you want to work in journalism/marketing, might completely skip the networking as it’s bloody cut-throat over something HORRIBLY STUPID and these WILL ruin people.

Work on the skills…work on good recommendations (in writing as some of these people will decide later they hate you and will lie if you are pysychotic sometimes), work on good resume, work on good portfolio. Keep portfolio so it is not search engine readable…I have even seen websites for portfolio password protected… OMG! .Do not post resume on national boards either…

Cool to find out LOTS of good work is on Craigslist.

Ebay has all kinds of equipment for video/photo/computer/EVERYTHING for like 20% of retail so good place to get involved…

If journalist/writer/video, can ghost write blog for businesses or agency hires you…Can keep you okay if you’ve been threatened after working for wrong place or ran into wrong business people. Some cities are just trash cans and spot ruins people…Want a career, leave. But you will be bothered by more weirdos if you leave psychotic, so better to move to be with friends/family to avoid being victimized or discriminated.

1 Like

I’ve unloaded trucks, stocked shelves, been a cooks helper in a restaurant until I got demoted to dishwasher, lol. I’m currently a janitor, easiest job I’ve ever had. It’s not too physical and easy to learn.I’ve worked in warehouses, I was a park ranger for two years. Being a Park Ranger was not what I expected it to be. It was fun wearing the uniform and having my own walki-talki and driving around parks by myself in the company truck but it could get boring and emptying trash was a large part of the job and so was cleaning restrooms. It payed the bills though.

I’ve had a couple of unique jobs that really didn’t have a title. I cleaned hot tubs during the hot tub craze in the 1980’s. I compacted cardboard and trash for three years at Hewlett-Packard. My current janitor job is good for people with schizophrenia. I work in a quite office building. I get to work by myself. I come in the morning my boss tells me , “Do trash” or “Vacuum” and I go off by myself to do those things for the day.

3 Likes

Get on disability and treat the gym like your job that you dont get paid for. Thats what im gonna do when i heal more

2 Likes

I tried my hand at admin. Tasks vary from job to job , some more manageable than others. But the safest job for me is data entry

1 Like

I work in an office with data. I don’t have much need to speak to many people and I only really answer to one person who is aware of my situation.

3 Likes

I feel like people with sz would make good psychiatrist because they understand the illness more than most psychiatrist do by having it and experiencing all of the symptoms and they have taken the meds so they know which meds have worked for them and the side effects and stuff

2 Likes

Anyone but Trump.

1 Like

Gardening, it’s great for mental health

3 Likes

yup, love this idea. I want to make my job is to take care of myself!

1 Like

“What’s the best job for someone with sz?” preserving the beauty of nature

2 Likes