What's behind "I don't have the time." when one really does?

My mind seems to be continually muted from thought through hallucinatory trauma. I’m trying not to lose my identity-but I admit that this illness has changed me much. I’m much more withdrawn and often it takes alcohol to make me jovial or social. I try not to admit it but it’s there, like a big pimple on the side of my lip. Ew.

I don’t want to give anyone anything, or any help it seems. I’ve been glued to the forum lately and I’ve gone without it just fine but lately it’s been a real hot mess man. FUBAR.

1 Like

When you’re bleeding to death, you have to stop the bleeding before you can help someone else. It’s about you right now and that’s ok. Do you have a counselor/therapist? It’s ok to be the one who needs help, for as long as it takes.

3 Likes

I’m trying to sort out my VA benefits they’re all screwed up, I have government officials invading my ■■■■■■■ brain and stuff…I mean it stinks.

1 Like

I think it is an escape from daily life, the need to avoid and take a time out.

2 Likes

This is coming from one of the MOST SELF EMPLOYED MEN I have met.

You’re here doing a great job, I wish I had the same motivation as you but it stacks up nowadays.

3 Likes

You take a time out and you’d lose employment, we all know how hard you work. You go guts forward and don’t give them an inch. Like a guard lineman on the grid iron. You push out and you drive it away. I’m proud to have you around big guy.

2 Likes

Thanks, but it is hard to keep going, would have give up years ago but it would have meant living under a bridge

3 Likes

NOT if you utilize your channels…and that has been the challenge of the century…using the proper channels to get your benefits.

1 Like