What's affective in Schizoaffective mean?

What is it suppose to mean?

Schizoaffective disorder is a condition in which a person experiences a combination of schizophrenia symptoms — such as hallucinations or delusions — and mood disorder symptoms, such as mania or depression.

1 Like

Schizoaffective disorder is a lifelong illness that can impact all areas of daily living, including work or school, social contacts, and relationships. Most people with this illness have periodic episodes, called relapses, when their symptoms surface. While there is no cure for schizoaffective disorder, symptoms often can be controlled with proper treatment.

1 Like

It means it affects us… :smile: I don’t really know. It might have to do with the mood component of the illness

2 Likes

I was told it denotes the mood disorder half of the illness.

I think your “affect” is your emotions. When you have a flat affect is means that the emotions you express are flat.

3 Likes

Affective - adjective - relating to moods, feelings, and attitudes / denoting or relating to mental disorders in which disturbance of mood is the primary symptom

1 Like

af·fec·tive
əˈfektiv/Submit
adjectivePSYCHOLOGY
relating to moods, feelings, and attitudes.
“affective disorders”

1 Like

Affective is a psychological jargon term for ‘emotional’ or something concerning emotions.

1 Like