What's a piece of advice you would give your self 10 years ago?

Don’t make your life a list of things you didn’t do.
But then again I didn’t do some things I’m glad I didn’t do. And some things I did do ; I probably shouldn’t have.
I guess the one piece of advice is; Eat more broccoli.

2 Likes

It will take a lot but you can make it. Never give up .

Don’t pay attention to bullies.

1 Like

Invest heavily in Bitcoin. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s kinda true. If you don’t try trust and believe things may stay the same…but never give up

What is Bitcoin

I was talking to my 10 year old self… but anyone could follow that advice!

1 Like

I would tell myself to study something practical and not a liberal arts degree if you are a shy person and don’t want to go into teaching (however interesting it is). And not to take conspiracy theories to heart as I did in psychosis…

Don’t give up! Keep going! Don’t give in to it!

Advice I would have given myself ten years ago would have been to not waste so much time or any time at all with a woman that I was dating at the time. I wasted twelve years with her. For nothing. It all ended.

Another piece of advice I would have given myself is to not have put my son in that group home. I would have let him remain in my house, taking martial arts lessons and living with me more happily. I also would have more aggressively gotten help for his voices and depression. Would not have taken “no” for an answer.

Invest heavily in Bitcoin, avoid Piracetam the nootropic, stop playing so many videogames, and master Python the programming language, as well as other related languages, so you can make useful cryptocurrency trading charts, and be able to do contract work online for further investment money.

Just keep investing and holding cryptocurrency until you need a house or car or something big. I imagine the 10-years-from-now-me would want to tell current-me the same thing.

Here’s a free book by a very rich, smart dude James Altucher, called “Cryptocurrencies 101: How To Make A Fortune From Digital Currencies”, where he gives strategies on how to get massive returns (10,000% or more returns are not unusual) with some research and a few months of patience.

Don’t make any panic trades, just remember the Warren Buffett quote: “The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient.”

Since I got sick just over 9 years ago I would warn myself of what was to happen and try to avoid getting sick.

1 Like

Please tell your parents about your dissociation.

invest in bitcoin

3 Likes

All this stuff you’re reading. listen to Socrates you know nothing. lol

Stay out of trouble. I thought being a rebel was a good thing

Stay away from weed, watch out for benzos, never move back, ur a rockstar but a fool

Hmmm 10 years ago probably save my money better and not go to my brothers second wedding.

floss

most things have fallen into place otherwise for now

Figure out what foods are making you feel sicker
Make stuff
Give yourself more credit for what others may consider small accomplishments.
If your body hurts find a really good physical therapist (and find another one if they don’t help you)
Ask your doctor more informed questions (because some won’t tell you anything if they don’t think you will understand)
Don’t spend much of your day sitting
Write more

1 Like