Whats a dinner that you eat frequently that is not commonplace?

We are having a meal we have had since I was a kid today. A spam, Green bean and potato stew. It’s just spam cut into small squares, potatoes cut into small squares and green beans thrown in a pot with a water and bullion cubes and cooked.

Anyway, what is a food that you or your family eats that is not a typical staple of most peoples diets?

4 Likes

Not very often, but we have salted lamb with potatoes and mashed yellow turnip for christmas and some other occasions.

2 Likes

Spanakopita

Blockquote

4 Likes

I mix chickpeas, kidney beans, and either corn or hominy. Add light balsamic vinaigrette.

Tonight i just had that, but sometimes I chop tomatoes into it. If i need to use more Weight Watchers points, I’ll add a bit of cheese or seeds.

2 Likes

Diced potatoes with mayo!

2 Likes

Korean Bbq chicken hearts, sticky purple rice, shiitake mushrooms, kimchi

Purple rice is black rice mixed with white rice which gives it a purple color.

2 Likes

A cowboy pie! Corn-beef (tin) mixed with backed beans and tomato ketchup, fried onions. Mashed potatoes and cheese op top.

2 Likes

I used to eat frito pie quite a bit…take half a can of chili w beans or not. add fritos and cheddar cheese and mustard if you like…yes it’s good stirred together…ha

1 Like

i love sticky rice! i used to have a thai housemate who shared it with me, shitake mushrooms are amazing too

2 Likes

I make a mean seafood curry chowder/stew.

1 Like

I enjoy making Pasta Mama. It is a commonplace dish in Italy, but uncommon in Canada, especially with scratch-made pasta.

2 Likes

I make lentil soup from time to time

Made some yesterday and today

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.