Whatever you like? 🤔

well this is kind of a sensitive topic to some people… Saudi is like the holy land…
I have a lot of friends who live in UAE kuwait etc… just today I drove my friends to the airport - they live in Kuwait and wanted their baby to be Canadian.

It is just upbringing and culture - like a bunch in every culture. Just one rule that is different is the ‘eye for an eye’ rule that is kind of what causes the problem at most. But even in my family and friends - people still think this way. So if someone does something which is considered like a ‘sin’ they go to prison, get beheaded and what not - even for some crazy minor things… which are ridiculous.

it is like a bottomless pit

1 Like

What’s that scraping sound kinda like a shovel on dirt? Oh never mind, its just someone digging the hole deeper. :rolling_eyes:

Digging the hole deeper? I don’t believe that wage gap argument. There are people that say it exists and there are people that say it is a lie. It might not be from discrimination I hear that the gap between being white and asian is even greater.

You might want to check the facts…

http://www.iwpr.org/initiatives/pay-equity-and-discrimination
The Gender Wage Gap: 2015; Annual Earnings Differences by Gender, Race, and Ethnicity
by Ariane Hegewisch and Asha DuMonthier (September 2016)
The ratio of women’s and men’s median annual earnings was 79.6 percent for full-time/year-round workers in 2015. This means the gender wage gap for full-time/year-round workers is 20.4 percent. The ratio of women’s and men’s median annual earnings did not improve significantly during the last year, and has not seen a statistically significant annual increase since 2007. If the pace of change in the annual earnings ratio continues at the same rate as it has since 1960, it will take another 45 years, until 2059, for men and women to reach parity. Women’s median annual earnings in 2015 were $40,742 compared with $51,212 for men; both women’s and men’s full-time year-round earnings increased significantly between 2014 and 2015 (by 2.7 and 1.5 percent respectively).

http://www.iwpr.org/publications/pubs/the-gender-wage-gap-2015-annual-earnings-differences-by-gender-race-and-ethnicity/at_download/file

http://www.iwpr.org/publications/pubs/the-gender-wage-gap-by-occupation-2015-and-by-race-and-ethnicity/at_download/file

There are wage gaps, will not argue that, also another thing to consider though is companies will get rid of higher paid employee’s and replace them with a lower paid person, happens to both men and women at times.

1 Like

I wonder if this mean women are employed much more than men since it is cheaper to employ them. :thinking: just kidding

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/harvard-prof.-takes-down-gender-wage-gap-myth/article/2580405

I believe the answer isn’t as clear cut as women just earning less than men due to discrimination.

Well, all I can say is that I look forward to the gender wage gap closing, although I’m not sure it will happen in my lifetime, despite the fact that women already receive more college and graduate degrees than men.

1 Like

Also what was interesting is that one of the papers that you cited even says that women and men sometimes work different fields. And that the male dominated fields average more than the woman dominated fields. Not a slam dunk but it is interesting and that by itself explains the gender wage gap somewhat. At least a portion of it.

I would too. But it would mean women making the exact same decisions as men and male maternity leave being as common as females. Also maybe that could be it too as I have recently heard about some jobs without college degrees earning a lot of money that tend to be male dominated.

There’s that shovel scraping on dirt sound again…:rolling_eyes:

1 Like

No, the true control freak uses this phrase to make the controlled person have to be able to mind read their ity-bity space in their head, and guess what ‘they’ (the control freak) wants.
To them, this is a trick multiple choice question with only one right answer- and that being what they wanted all along, but they don’t want to come off as “too controlling” so they allow the other person to make a choice- as long as it’s what they want.

Then, because they understand that to “tame” a wild horse, you just give it a bigger pen (fenced in area),
the control freak will actually let them choose something when it’s something they really just don’t care about.

The trick is to know the difference.
It can actually paralyse you into being unable to say anything for fear of it being the “wrong” thing.

Are you speaking out of personal experience here sounds tough.

Yeah i dont think that is my case