WHat you do when you feel hoppless?

I don’t know I have an empty heart

2 Likes

Abilify has an antidepressant component to it and so that stops me feeling completely hopeless most of the time.

But there’s no need to feel hopeless. Most of us here have felt hopeless at some point. Then things turn around.

Have hope!

2 Likes

I don’t know if there is hope in all reality for some things that people hope to achieve in life it may never happen

The only way to have hope is to keep trying

2 Likes

Could you tell what makes you feel hopeless? Things can turn around, even if you dont see it now.

1 Like

I read the Bible and pray when i feel hopeless. It helps me.

5 Likes

I lie in bed or go for a walk
That’s what I’m doing now in fact. Only now I’m doing it out of sheer boredom

2 Likes

Oh and what i do…

I do self-destructive stuff of various kinds that i cant recommend.

What helps me though, in varying levels of hopelessness:

• Cling to a quote that strengthen me, from a poem or the bible or wherever.
  • Visit/call a friend with a dark sense of humour and joke about my difficulties.
  • Hug someone and cry together.
  • Write positive stuff in a journal or here in the 3 positives thread.
  • Listen to music.
  • Do physical work that needs to be done and distracts me.
  • Sleep, sometimes it is better next day.
  • Think of what causes it and solve that.
  • Or if i cant, wait it out. Helps best with pms-hopelessness, it lasts a few days.
  • Take meds.
  • Make myself all comfortable, with blankets and warm drinks and soft music and food i like and a hot water bottle and my softest clothes.
  • Call a helpline and complain.
3 Likes

Go on here and talk about it more. I like to talk to God who cares too.
Try to get your mind off of it. or talk it out…

2 Likes

I get hopeless a lot. I’m a 46 year old man child with religious delusions that have kept me isolated. Coming to these websites gives me some hope that some people can understand what I go through.

1 Like

@anon92220549
Can we say you have a “longing” heart instead of empty? You’re more than your depression.

1 Like

I’m not depressed @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter

1 Like

Try doing something kind for someone else.

1 Like

I go for a walk or run. Because when you move you think differently. To prevent hopelessness I usually work out a lot and it helps with seratonin and dopamine.

1 Like

Great idea man 15

Give up man. Life is not worth it. I have given up long ago…

1 Like

When im feeling hopeless and cant get out of it - i simply bog off to bed with a large dose of Aps for a couple of days. I sleep it away.

1 Like

1 Like

when i’m hoppless i can’t hop anymore. just kidding! lol. when i hopeless i embrace it. that helps it feels good. nothing about you is unlovable.

I don’t do anything. Just sit in my recliner in silence