What year did you first start antipsychotic meds..?

I’m on Zyprexa 17 years. I started on them in 2000…and I accept I need them for the rest of my life…

What year did you first start antipsychotic meds…?

1 Like

I started aps in 2011. But they didn’t help me a lot, I probably need still something for the negative symptoms and the depression…

2 Likes
  1. When I was 18.33.
2 Likes

What dose of zyprexa u on @san_pedro

2 Likes

I first took Risperdal in june of 2010. It made me more psychotic. But now I’ve been on abilify since January of 2014 and its been good.

2 Likes

6 years ago, I was 15.

2 Likes

I have been antipsychotics since 2005

2 Likes

When i was 18 …22 years ago

2 Likes

When I was a kid they tried to put me on something for a little while, but my mom put a quick end to that.

I guess the first time I really remember started when I was 20,

Off and on since then, I’m almost 33.

2 Likes

1972 — 45 years ago.

3 Likes

Age 21–32 years ago

2 Likes

Risperidone at the end of 2005. I was 22.

I am 34 now.

1 Like

I first started taking them this year.

2 Likes

15mg every night…I can’t sleep with out it…

1 Like

me too. one year almost.

1. Started on risperdal probably 6 months before moving to zyprexa due to raised prolactin. Had a two year holiday on abilify but that wasn’t the med for me. So zyprexa 16 years.

Ability was terrible for me. Risperdal was my first medication. It worked very well for me. But I was not ready to accept it.

I was then on qutiapine for 10 years. Just switched to Paliperidone. This is working for me. I’m getting some muscle aches. Have u heard of this ? I try not to look side effects up and just wait to see if anything crops up. And this is something I’ve noticed.

Would rather it be a side effect that something more of a serious nature. Right now the benefits of this medication are good for me.

Jan 2015. Lots of wasted time sitting at home, being psychotic, before getting on the right meds.

Keep an eye on it and tell your doc. Side effects can be different for all of us and what works for you mightn’t work for me. I like your attitude. I think that these days a lot of people don’t give the meds a chance to hit there system and place too much emphasis on side effects. They can be dibilitating but so are positive symptoms. Once you get stable then you work on side effects or change.

2 Likes