What would your LEAST favorite job be?

No astronaut for me either.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything worse than working in insurance.

Oh, wait.

2 Likes

I love Seinfield too and have a tattoo of Kramer on me with here’s to feeling good all the time.

4 Likes

I don’t think I would enjoy being a security guard. Calming down angry people sounds difficult and dangerous. I actually applied to be a security guard once and thankfully I didn’t get the job.

2 Likes

It depends on what role you are assigned. When I worked security it was recognized that I wasn’t someone who would be dealing with teens in a mall, but I was someone who could be trusted to patrol a building properly and report trouble promptly. Easy money.

3 Likes

I’ve tried door to door selling encyclopedias, both Brittanica and Colliers. Both sets were kind of pricey, but a good set of encyclopedias can make a valuable contribution to a child’s education, particularly in the hands of a child who is bright and inquisitive. You never know. Your child might see a diagram with overlays of different human body parts and systems in your encyclopedia, and they might become so fascinated that they go on and become a medical doctor, or some other brilliant occupation. Colliers went out of business, and Brittanica switched to an online presentation. There is a third set of high grade encyclopedias called “Encyclodia Americana”. I haven’t looked at them, but they must be good, because people are buying them.

1 Like

I worked as a garbageman for a few months in my youth, which was not a bad job except from the smell. Anyways one of my colleagues there told me he was placed in a slaughterhouse as job training. He was there for one day and never came back.

It’s one of those jobs that takes a certain kind of person to perform. Just like surgeons, crime detectives, morgue workers and ambulance drivers.

1 Like

Hmm… the one where I have to comb my hair and get a haircut I guess…

2 Likes

Like many have said above, I wouldn’t be able to work in a slaughterhouse. I’m 99% vegetarian and care deeply about animals and this planet.

I would feel like a murderer.

2 Likes

A nurse isn’t much better.

1 Like

I have trouble with fast food jobs. About the only job I can do in that discipline is delivering pizza, and I am marginal at that. If they still had those square bales of hay I could get a job doing that, if I was not on AP medication. I’ve thought about being a night janitor, except that my back hurts when I do that. I don’t know if it is right or wrong, but it is more pain than I can take. It’s strange. I can bend over and pick up a microwave oven, but jobs like washing dishes kill my back. One distinct possibility is that I could try being a tutor teaching people how to read and take the GED. I do good on the standardized tests. I think I can do some good in that field.