What would you do to pass the time if you lived 150 years ago?

I can’t imagine how boring it would have been before internet, tv and even radio.

Any ideas what you would be doing to pass the time?

2 Likes

I would read! 1515

4 Likes

I guess they still had shows in the theater, so I guess I would be going to a lot of them if I could afford it.

1 Like

I’d push a hoop around with a stick!

4 Likes

Depends how wealthy the family I was born into was.

I’d probably take photographs of my playboy adventures on the French Riviera.

4 Likes

Decomposing. I’m being kept alive by technology that didn’t exist then.

2 Likes

Prostitution, likely.

Or farming…

6 Likes

I would read for sure…

2 Likes

Life required a lot more work back then. Washing your own clothes, preparing meals without today’s gadgets, etc made everyone busier for longer. There wouldn’t be as much downtime.

4 Likes

According to Red Dead Redemption 2 I would form a posse, rob trains, banks, and stage coaches, play poker, play blackjack, ride horses, get in fistfights at the saloon, drink alcohol, fishing, farming, hunting, make moonshine, deliver things with a wagon etc.

7 Likes

I think most people lived on farms too.

@anon84461028 roflcopter good one!

3 Likes

I would probably read.

1 Like

I think I would be stuck in an asylum no sz meds back then

3 Likes

I would do a LOT of reading. And a lot of that in an asylum probably.

3 Likes

Who knows if so many long sleepless nights in front of a PC screen haven’t contributed to my developing schizohrenia…
150 years ago (1870’s) I would’ve probably joined the faculty of a good university and focused on math or science. Heck I almost did that in these times too, so why not?

2 Likes

Race horses, chicken fights, hunting, going to the beach. Building custom wagons.

2 Likes

Take advantage of some of that free land the US gov’t was offering out West, relocate, build a cabin, and live like the Unabomber. Montana would suit me just fine. If it was good enough for ole Ted, it’s good enough for me.

1 Like

IDK, chopping firewood or something. Something useful. Keeping the wolves at bay.

6 Likes

i would love to get firewood and keep the fireplace burning and get water.

I also would love to go horse riding and walk my dog.

A touch of reading if a author captures my interest.

care for animals.

cook.

preserve food.

maybe i should be a witch and healer and make medicines with herbs n so.

if i have a partner then maybe have sex.

hang out with loved ones.just talking or sitting in silent.

alcohol is tempting but im a horror with alcohol so i shouldnt or they would kil me.

2 Likes

probably learn and make some dough

1 Like