Schizophrenia.com

What Would You Do, to Make the World a Better Place?

What do you think would make the world a better place to live in? Something you would add, something you would take away? Something you would do differently?

Thoughts?

1 Like

I volunteered in my community before COVID.

4 Likes

@MrSquirrel that’s cool. Where did you volunteer?

I used to do Meals on Wheels, and something called friendly telephone visiting where you called a senior who was a shut-in once a week just to give them someone to talk to

3 Likes

I once helped sell sandwiches to raise money to send a pastor to Uganda so he could volunteer to work in an orphanage there

3 Likes

I would like to volunteer one day if I get the chance. Too.

2 Likes

When i am able and in the position i would be loving, kind,tolerant,understanding,educational,patience,forgiving to the people around me. I can’t do anything about wars,pollution and destruction of nature cause its not in my control. I support people who are making the world a better place and don’t disable them doing so.

5 Likes

I guess J.K. Rowling isn’t quite as filthy rich as she once was

because she’s given so much to charity.
I’ll do that too.

4 Likes

Cure schizophrenia and create a non profit helping people to code and get jobs.

2 Likes

I am on a vegan diet for the animals and environment.
I eat dairy once a week when I am at a place that doesn’t have vegan options.

I am a member of animals Australia and animal justice party.

I have volunteered and still do once a fortnight.
Used to volunteer more often.

I listen to guided meditation and try to give out love to the world and it’s beings.

I was saying g’day and smiling to people but a hater got jealous and stopped me so I can’t say g’day to most people anymore.
When I did it was perfect in a way.

I give a couple dollars to charity when I can.

I go to the pantry for groceries and I pay for myself and one person after me that’s in need.

Work for protection of environment and animals and people.

4 Likes

@SacredNeigh7 that’s quite a list, I’m very impressed

3 Likes

It would be good to make sure no one is ever destitute.

2 Likes

I like giving ten dollar mcdonald’s gift cards to panhandlers — I used to make breakfast burritos for a girlfriend at PSR – If I had money I would set up a program to clean up the streets here in NM — I bought a car one time for 1400 dollars, it had problems so I had the dealer make a list of issues, then I deducted the amount from Kelly blue book, and sold it for $500 :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

End puppy mills, animal racing and rodeos.

2 Likes

Leave it in about 25 years.

1 Like

I want to break the monopoly over science in realms like physical fitness, nutrition and psychiatry,
to promote truthful, fact-based information and discard the big monopolies and mafias and corporations
that are misleading the public.

1 Like

I would like to start a non religious crisis pregnancy center.

Too many pregnant women don’t know all the facts about adoption and abortion.

I’d like to help them make informed decisions that are best for them and their situation.

2 Likes

I like this quote. I think it’s sort of relevant to the thread

4 Likes

Mahatma Gandhi quote: If you want to change the world, start with yourself.

3 Likes

I’ve done youth archery coaching, been a 4-H project leaer (cooking, photography, and podcasting), volunteer school bus driver, volunteer bus driver for the senior’s lodge, event photographer, photography and software instructor, and more.

Edit: Oh yeah, started and ran a school/community online radio station for a few years until school politics killed it. That sucked.

2 Likes

I wanted to be nurse, have some experience in it.

Bedside care in some people’s worst moments.

2 Likes