Schizophrenia.com

What words do you mispell?

I looked it up and saw the word as “mispell”. My spell check says it’s “misspell”.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I can’t get the word “minute” right… always minuit

2 Likes

I worked in a bookshop in the US coming from the queen’s english. I really got my head screwed with both spellings and I still struggle. Dropping vowels is hard for me…I like autocorrect to some level as my mind is always trying to go in the middle…for example. Colour to Color there’s a million and I’m always caught inbetween!

1 Like

i have an old memory trick for ie words from the cartoon arthur that I watched as a kid.
I before E except after C.

1 Like

…and when sounded like A as in neighbor and weigh

it doesnt always work though…“weird” for example doesnt follow those rules.

2 Likes

I wrote a letter to Mensa saying I have a high IQ and I want to join but I spelled “IQ” wrong in the letter.

5 Likes

I always type strategy as “Startegy”. Also misspell alcohol and cigarette all the time!

Im studying about chlamidia and cant seem to spell that one right in my notes. chimara is another one. great band tho pure hatred is a favorite of their tunes

2 Likes

I always have trouble with psychiatrist and psychologist. Funny…

I can never remember how to spell aknowledge. And things with ‘s’ and ‘c’ like decision and ascension

1 Like

Try memorizing and spelling this word lol
Docosahexaenoic

I have a hard time doing that. I just call it by its abbreviation DHA. Its an Omega 3 in fish oil.

@gcar You’re studying medicine so you should be good at it :grin:

2 Likes

Its chlamydia. 15

2 Likes

Satellite, parallel anything with 2 L’s

1 Like

lol yes. often asymptomatic. untreated leads to pelvic inflammatory disease, ectoptic pregnancy and infertility. Rx is azithromycin 1g oral single dose, f/u in 3 months and if pt is pregnant rx w erythromycin 50mg/kg/day divided into 4 daily doses for 14 days otherwise fetus will suffer from opthalmia neonatorum and infant pneumonia

1 Like

Spelling has never been a problem for me. As English is my 3rd language, I’ve learned (learnt) most words by reading them out loud with my teacher, and both my visual and auditory memory are pretty solid.
I still have doubts about certain fancy words like anesthesia (anaesthesia? anesthaesia?) or the past tense of a few verbs (deal -> dealed/dealt? ; travel -> traveled/travelled?)…

1 Like

I don’t know how to spell license.

Well I guess I spelled it right this time

1 Like

In 5th grade i won the school spelling bee and advanced to represent the whole school at whatever the next level was called. I get up there and get really scared and misspell my first word: “tomorrow”

Wah wah wahhh…

2 Likes

Restaurant is restaurant in french tho :wink:

2 Likes

Yeh, there are a few words like that for me.

I’m not sure of what they are until I use them.

Just really annoying words.