What word first comes to mind when you think of "mental illness"

Looking in the mirror and not seeing anyone there.

1 Like

The word Challenging comes to mind, when I think of “Severe Mental Illness”

1 Like

What me, or my actions. I have no remorse for my inputs.

So you’re superhuman? No regret, huh

I have a problem with the word “retarded”, also you post the same jesus meme over and over and you trash talked a black guy on the sidewalk

1 Like

Cheated - I get this word because I feel this illness cheated me out of a “normal” life and all that goes with it.

3 Likes

Who siad he was black? He couldve been but I never mentioned that. I dont care if you find what i did was offensive. I couldve done worse and ■■■■■■ him up.

There’s some correlation between tough guys on the internet and skinny pricks.

I did not say “retarded”, I said “debilitarded”. But I can understand how that can be offensive but yet it was my honest opinion on the subject.

Haha skinny prick who you calling skinny prick. You dont know me and I dont know you.

I wasn’t calling you a skinny prick, technically.

But that’s true, we don’t know each other. Your posts just bother me.

True I will admit I have trolled alot. I think im going to take a break from the forum just to get some more mindfullness practice.

Disturbed/Disturbing.

The brain organ, or at the very least our minds, shouldn’t be this vulernable to attack or malignant disordering. I feel like my form of SZ is conquerable, though. Just gotta be patient & work quietly.

2 Likes

Murder is the first word that came to my mind.

oppression, control, disorder, overrated, consumer, slavery, science, psychiatry, delusion, abuse, term, faceless, sick, establishment, confusion, nothing, false, somatic, placebo, therapy, rape, blindness

1 Like

f this is what came to my mind. F it all.

3 Likes

Annoying, tiring…

Knowing that you can’t operate on your full potential all or everyday can be devastating. When I was normal, I was more focused into what’s in front of me which enabled me to read people’s faces and gestures and write deep poetry…

Now I just can’t put much into that cause the focus transferred into finding a way to avoid the hallucinations. Can’t do my own thing now.

I agree with you about the conquering part. I find ways on avoiding the symptoms. Walking, running , or sitting down in a specific way makes me not feel the tactile hallucinations. Quietness, putting my whole attention on something or someone, and listening to music through one ear from an earphone really puts away the auditory hallucinations.

And man, waking up everyday… When I wake up, I have a minute or two with zero symptoms. What triggers them is when I think about them, like, where they go or why so quiet…is it still there?

I read a story that there was this teen in a coma for twelve years, becoming an adult. Here’s the kicker, two years into his coma, he woke up, but unable to move a muscle or communicate. That means he spent the rest of the 10 years, just on the hospital bed, everyone thinking he’s still in a coma, vegetable state. He would just listen to everyone, even one time, heard his mom in front of him, wishing he would just die to end the suffering. Imagine 10 years, just existing, but not being able to enjoy life. Man, we’re luckier than a lot of people out there cause we can still fight our illness, move…exercise, eat healthier.

I would like to think that my brain is like his. That in time, my brain is recovering back to it’s normal state or at least really close to how it used to be. If you can gain the ability to move after a coma, then I can gain the ability to destroy delusions in maybe a decade.

I grasp onto hope…and also hope that everyone suffering from some form of sz can recover in a decade or before that.

2 Likes