What were your first steps in getting help?

Did your diagnosis take long?

Hmm. . .

First Steps In Getting Participation In Becoming More “normal”.

Accepting The Fact That No One Understood, Or Wanted To Understand Me.

~P.s. Hope, Trust, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Endlessly Eternal Peace!.~ :owl: :spider_web: :owl:

1 Like

I knew something was going on but had no idea. Just slid into delusionville and ended up in emergency a couple of times. I got on meds early but it was a slow process.

Officially they usually wait 6 months to confirm etc. It is about symptoms over time. Getting to a shrink and on meds speeds things up.

3 Likes

This is going to sound really cheesy, but it’s the truth: my first real step in getting help was admitting that I needed help

1 Like

I wasn’t stable until I accepted that I needed meds and quit trying to go off of them but they gave me a schizophreniform diagnosis right away after my third hospital visit

2 Likes

If it’s ok that I ask, did your meds help the first two times you took them?

1 Like

Yes they did help when I took them

1 Like

I had been begging for help from my parents since I was 13 and they couldn’t afford it and didn’t even believe in it. So once I got to college I sought it out myself. Wasn’t diagnosed with sza until I turned 26 though not sure how long I’ve had it. I’ve had symptoms my whole life but my first full blown psychosis was at 21

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.