What were you misdiagnosed with?

How are wewe defining misdiagnosis ? My dxes have included 1973-1975 -no definite dx, 1975- 1983/88 schizophrenia, schizophrenia with disorder of gender identity,schizophrenia with personality disorder, 1983/88- 2005 schizoaffective mixed type mainly/sometimes bipolar,
2005-? personality disorder nos, ?-2018 paranoid pd,2018 - schizophrenia and ?ASD, 2019- Asperger’s and schizoaffective .

I was misdiagnosed as schizoaffective, then undifferentiated, but now my current diagnosis is paranoid schizophrenia

I was misdiagnosed with a lot of things until I actually admitted to what was going on in my head. Then the proper diagnosis was reached.

1 Like

Originally in 2011, I was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia. In 2014, it evolved into Schizoaffective Depressed type, 2018 Schizoaffective Bipolar Type, and finally in 2019 Schizoaffective.
I believe that the Schizoaffective Bipolar fits than anything else besides Paranoid Schizophrenia. I also have ADHD and PTSD.

Depression with psychotic features
Sza current

1 Like

Schizophrenia and sza were my first two dx.

In the before time:

1. Psychotic Depression
  2. Bipolar with psychotic features
  3. Psychosis nos

Hence forth:

1. Schizoaffective
  2. Social Anxiety
1 Like

First bipolar disorder type II then undifferentiated sz then paranoid sz. Also borderline personality.

Now sza bipolar type which fits me the best.

Major depression, major depression with psychotic features, then finally sza bipolar type.

First I was diagnosed Bipolar. I was psychotic for a couple years so I knew that didn’t fit

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.