What was your last book you have read?

I read doreen virtue and grant virtue angels of abudance

1 Like

I’m reading “Asimov’s New Guide to Science”. It appeared in 1984 so it’s not so “new” anymore but it’s still very captivating.

2 Likes

I jut finished ‘The Plains Of Passage’ which is the 4th book in the series called "Earth’s children’ by Jean M. Auel

… The first book being ‘clan of the cavebear’.
I really love the entire book series, and I’m not exaggerating when I say that I’ve read it 5 times in 3 different languages.

2 Likes

Lee Child The Visitor with Jack Reacher

1 Like

I can’t read now. But the last book I read was “The trouble with physics” by Lee Smolin. It was about all the flaws in string theory.

2 Likes

Travels with Charlie in search of America by john Steinbeck. Fantastic read!

2 Likes

I have trouble reading long books…but I am proud that I read the Talisman by Stephen King…the book has to be “that good” before I can finish it.

1 Like

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. So much sad.

2 Likes

Been re-reading some Nero Wolfe novels by Rex Stout. Just finished Homicide Trinity.

1 Like

Im not sure but one of the last books i read was The Eden Express by Mark Vonnegut. Highly recommend but could be triggering. Really vibrant and relatable depiction of the psychotic experience.

2 Likes

That’s one of my favorite books![quote=“Moonbeam, post:24, topic:43049”]
A quote from the book describing Charley—
“Charley is a tall dog. As he sat in the seat beside me, his head was almost as tall as mine. He put his nose close to my ear and said “Ftt.” He is the only dog I ever knew who could pronounce the consonant F. This is because his front teeth are crooked, a tragedy which keeps him out of dog shows; because his upper front teeth slightly engage his lower lip Charley can pronounce F. The word “Ftt” usually means he would like to salute a bush or a tree.”
[/quote]

Maze Runner and its sequels. Was eh. Love Asimov.

1 Like

One of Orson Scott Cards sci fi series…volume 4 earthfall. Had read the first three years ago and never finished the series…so I reread the first 3. Waiting on the last volume through the mail. I love how the book depository ships books for free…that is so cool!

Archie and Jugheads Circus Adventure.

2 Likes

I think the last one I finished was “An Innocent Man” by John Grisham. It isn’t fiction, like most of Grisham’s work. It’s a true story about how an innocent man spent a decade and a half in prison and was very nearly executed for a crime he didn’t commit. It scared me, because I saw how an innocent man can be railroaded by the justice system in our country. I used to think we could count on truth and justice.

Self Reliance and Other Essays study guide to RW Emerson. Sadly I haven’t finished it, and it got lost in the move

1 Like

I’m in the process of reading the Henry Rollin’s Reader.

I think the last book I finished all the way through was Ironweed.

The Bible. I don’t want to spoil the ending so I won’t tell you the last chapter.

1 Like

Europe and the people without history, by Eric R Wolf

Stop thinking start living by Richard Carlson.