What was your high school/ college gpa?

Thanks! My pdoc thinks I’m on the autistic spectrum and part of that is being obsessed with something. Computers come easily to me. My degree is in computer programming. Something that helped too was that I did online schooling. So I didn’t have to worry about the social pressure. :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

I actually dropped out of high school at age 17 to join the Army. It was something I really wanted to do obviously.

In college my overall LSAC GPA is a 3.6. I don’t remember my community college gpa. My university gpa was about a 3.58. I majored in Poli Sci, minored in sociology and received an international studies certificate.

The grad program I’m in right now I have around a 3.2. It’s so low because I received in E in one of my courses. I just didn’t feel like doing an assignment one night and never did another one after. It was only later that I realized I could withdrawal from the course(d’oh). If I would have passed or withdrawn my gpa would probably be in the 3.6-3.8 range. I’m getting my MA in criminal justice.

2 Likes

I don’t know what my GPA was in high school but I know that in my 11th year I missed over 200 days. True story.

I just wanted to add that graduating college and gpa do not equate to either intelligence or being educated. A person who reads a book everyday is more educated than your average college graduate.

2 Likes

That’s why I prefer community college. I learned more in community college than university.

1 Like

If I was a young person and my mind/body functioned properly, I’d get into trade school with some high paying trade. I wouldn’t even think of university.

2 Likes

I dropped out of school in year 9 when I was 15! I hate school !!!

I still have my h.s. transcripts. And applying to grad school, the college transcripts are close at hand.

1 Like

The three best options are engineer, nurse or trade school. Humanities are for the birds.

1 Like

But liberal arts type jobs are something people with sz can aspire to. I work in sales, only one other co-worker has a college degree. I wouldn’t mind doing it over again, I’d study literature or a foreign language.

I graduated from nursing college with a 3.0 G.P.A. I had a 4.0 G.P.A. after taking my pre requisites. That’s how I got into nursing school. Nursing school entry is very competitive. Especially with the state universities where I attended.

1 Like

I failed taking attendance. The teacher gave me an F in answering, “I’m here.”

Where did you do your nursing program at?

1 Like

I don’t remember my H.S. gpa…but I was the co-valedictorian and voted “most likely to succeed”…which is why I NEVER talk to anyone from high school, I’m so ashamed of being an unemployed, on-disability nobody now. My college gpa was 3.74. I had a 34 on my ACT, 1290 SAT, 1190 GRE…but I feel like my IQ has dropped to about 80 most of the time!

I graduated from the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing with my baccalaureate of science degree in nursing in Dec. of 1986.

1 Like

I’m so sorry, @WhiteRaven.

Wow and are ypu schizophrenic?

I have both sz and bipolar. I am what you call schizoaffective.

1 Like

Are you still working. Do you take medicine?

1 Like

I take tons of medicine. Risperdal Consta injections, Geodon, Seroquel, Celexa and Klonipin.
I just started working part time as an Avon representative recently, after being unemployed for the last 22 years. I lost my nursing license to this illness many years ago.

2 Likes