What was your favourite thing about the mental hospital?

Once, when I was in the mental hospital the night my son died, the staff let me stay up all night on the hospital piano writing a song. That was very nice of them, come to think about it. Any way, I wrote this composition called, “My Boy is Gone”. All the staff nurses told me that it was a very beautiful song, and very sad.

3 Likes

Probably the constant snacks.

3 Likes

I really like the people. I always feel much more comfortable around the ole in psych wards. It makes me question even if I’m an introvert or and extrovert. I guess I’m usually pretty boundariless when I’m in there and not really with reality, so that probably helps.

But I always find friends while I’m in there.

3 Likes

I had a horrible time :unamused:

1 Like

Ah sorry to hear that.

I remember I used to eat those small blocks of cheese and hot chocolate just before bedtime :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Yess… I’d love the inviting smell of the food… And the cake deserts with custard. I got fat in there the second time round. Exercise classes were basically waving ur arms in the air

1 Like

Tea at 3 pm then again at 7 pm
Toast and hot chocolate at 9 pm

1 Like

Good memories. With good company. Those guys were so chilled

Not being in one.

2 Likes

Maybe the salisbury steak we got for dinner once a week?

2 Likes

My last visit the food was great plus snack times. Trying to watch tv was a wasteful try. I swear some patients glued themselves to the couch. People were a hit and miss, i mean, i had temporary friends though.

1 Like

Talking to others with sz or sza - the connection to others of like mind and illness

3 Likes

I managed to maintain my weight the last time I was inpatient - no easy feat considering the high carb diet and inactivity levels!

1 Like

the best thing was snapping out of my psychotic trip, and a week later leaving it

2 Likes

It’s sort of a glorified novelesque experience… to be detained for mental issues and head to the looney bin…

Everyone is mostly keeping themselves in line aside from the handful of ongoing errants. Just drugs all around.

It was creepy spooky to… not all of the folk were in there for psychosis… but being one with psychosis makes it seem like they all are. Like an internment camp that is geared to reestablish the baseline for integrating into societal conformity (that is forgiveness while still reinforcing expectation.)

1 Like

I liked that my room overlooked the garden and there was always squirrels scampering around

1 Like

Oh and I discovered my love of coffee the first time I was there.

3 Likes

Probably the meals and the groups.

3 Likes

someone should show this thread to people working in mental hospitals… so under appreciated

1 Like