What was your favorite vacation?

Mine was going to Cancun for our honeymoon. It was an all inclusive resort. We had 4 meals a day because they were free. I went jet skiing. I was usually seen with a banana daiquiri in each hand.

Ah memories! What is your favorite vacation?

10 Likes

My Alaska fishing trips were fun. Fished halibut and silver salmon. Had to drive four wheelers in the mountains to access a remote cabin.

-S

4 Likes

Going to Cuba, Varadero with my parents. I drove a motorized boat with my parents and the view was breathtaking, nature. Unlimited food and drinks including alcohol. My favorite was Piña Colada.

4 Likes

I liked when my ex-in-laws took me to Flagstaff. It’s so relaxing up there. There was one bad thing about it. Me and my ex-wife snuck off to have sex in my new car. There was cumm stains all over passenger seat. :rofl:

1 Like

I can’t afford holidays now but when I did go I didn’t enjoy it much because I was too mentally ill to enjoy myself.

Even swimming with dolphins :dolphin: I could not enjoy it because I thought they were sharks ready to eat me.

1 Like

When I went on a cruise to cozumel and grand cayman… I would like to go on another cruise one day

2 Likes

Going to Las Vegas as a youngster. I remember we had gone with a family friend and they had a son around my age. We were jumping up and down on the hotel bed and pillow fighting. I recall it being the most fun I’d ever had as a child.

3 Likes

Family trip to Florida. My Dad’s an early riser, and I’d wake up early so he and I could chill together on the verandah before everyone else woke up. Cool morning air, reading a book (I still associate that book with this trip)… Perfect.

1 Like

A great vacation would be camping somewhere remote for some weeks.

1 Like

What book was it? I’m just curious.

A Magic The Gathering tie-in novel (Magic The Gathering is a kind of collectible card game). Can’t remember which one exactly - Wikipedia tells me that there are about 50 of them!

1 Like

Flying to the east coast to visit my step-sister with my dad in 1992. One night me and her went to a bar and played pool and she got really drunk. When we got back to her house she went upstairs to sleep and I slept on the couch downstairs. Late at night I woke up to find her laying full length on top of me, face down wearing nothing but a T-shirt.

Being a gentleman (and stupid) I tried to get her fully awake so she would go back up to her bedroom without anything happening. Then, something kicked in and (being smart) I thought, “WTH? Why not?” And so I thought I would go for it but (being stupid) I rolled her on to the floor but she snapped out of it and woke up and cried out, “What am I doing?” and ran up to her bedroom.

The funniest thing was that I sober but it was like a drunken incident because she apparently forgot all about it by morning and I must have too in some bizarre way. In the morning we literally didn’t acknowledge it happened. It was like it never happened, no knowing glances, not even a wink and I never thought about it the rest of the three days I was there! But believe me, I sure think about it sometimes now and think about what might have been. I’ve seen her twice since then and we have never mentioned the incident.

Me and my dad and my step-mom flew back a year later for another vacation and it wasn’t mentioned. She’s my age now and married and it would be a fluke if we ever saw each other again.

Anyways, we went to an amusement park and a comedy club and had a barbeque and we stayed there a week but now 30 years later, what I remember most about that vacation is the couch and what almost happened.

1 Like

I went to New Orleans for 90 days on the old tourist visa. Had a good time. Got married and stayed for two years. It was a good long holiday haha.

2 Likes

You did a little better than me, lol.

2 Likes

OK husband is back. THIS TIME I know you upgraded the table wear. It’s not the same. It don’t work here. But it works elsewhere. I know from past investigations in the pantry cupboard. You DID something. I’m sailing my yacht now somewhere else.

1 Like

The time I went to Alaska with my ex wife. The nature is so beautiful there… and the stars were so amazing , it was as if there were curtains of lights in the sky.

We went to see the aurora borealis, but weren’t able to… the mountain was so dark to drive in!

2 Likes

Forgive me wife. I see something is awry. I am too hammered to sort it out. I’ll have the time if I want I suppose. Although if I am a cyberpunk I will have to.

1 Like

Pre-psychosis my best trip was a safari with my sister in Kenya. Post-psychosis my best trip was to Cabo Verde. I travel less and enjoy it less now. This year I only went to The Hague (The Netherlands) for a couple of days due to covid.

Maybe I will catch the travel bug again post-covid.

2 Likes

my favorite vacation, was a bicycle tour of ireland, lovely country. i remember one night, after our 50 miles of biking, we were staying in a hotel, and they had a bar downstairs, so i went to the bar and ordered some drinks, the bartender was a young guy like me, and we got to talking, about this and that everything really. he started giving me free drinks, haha. i remember he was a rugby player, and he said “rugby is a thug’s game played by gentlemen and football is a gentlemens game played by thugs” haha. and then i remember him asking me if i liked snoop dogg and rap. i said it’s ok but don’t listen to much rap. it was a nice night, the food was pretty good. i really liked dublin and galway, i remember all the little convenient stores all had fresh fruit, i remember i ate so many kiwi fruits, and also i remember all the sheep with little dots painted on them. i also remember being a tourist and giving some irish directions, when they took me for a local, haha, i had to check the map of course i had with me.

2 Likes

Port Clinton, Ohio on Lake Eerie

1 Like