Schizophrenia.com

What was your favorite music and movies back in the 80's

My favorite movies in the 1980’s was karate kid part 1,2 and 3. I also liked Back to the Future movies as well. They don’t make them like they used to. As far as music, I liked Chicago.

1 Like

In the 80s, I was a huge fan of Neil Young’s, still am. Back then it was a musical love affair with his music

1 Like

The Breakfast Club was one of the best. And actually one of my favorite songs from the 1980’s was the theme song from the movie. “Don’t You(Forget about me)”. I liked it so much I recorded an hour long cassette with just that song on it, over and over repeating itself. I still enjoy hearing that song.

3 Likes

I think the 80’s decade had the best movies and the best music. Other movies was Star Wars, the original Superman movies. Remember the horror movie Putergeist. That movie was scary, at least for a kid. Also Indiana Jones came out in the eighties as well. Another good movie that came out in the eighties was The Goonie’s. Another good movie that came out was The Lost Boys.

1 Like

I wasn’t a big movie watcher back then, but I played in a couple different hardcore bands doing covers of Agnostic Front, ST, Accused etc, listened to a lot of the then-just-forming types of music like grindcore and hard industrial and noise also straightedge

1 Like

My favorite movies then were Blue Lagoon and Dirty Dancing. I didn’t see License to Kill until after the eighties, I don’t think. I liked Whitney Houston, Prince and Culture Club.

1 Like

Van Halen man! 1984 album " Jump" best movie I think is Raiders of the lost ark.

I second @77nick77 for The Breakfast Club. I can still recite that whole movie by heart. We loved The Lost Boys, too. I also started watching indie films around then, like Raising Arizona and Sid and Nancy.

I was one of those metal chix. The kind who had big hair-sprayed hair, spandex, listened to all of the hair metal bands, and worshipped at the feet of Jon Bon Jovi (they were my first rock concert, in 1987), until finally getting a clue in the late 80s and getting into classic rock, then what they would go on to call alternative and grunge.

1 Like

The 80’s had my favourite movies. My favourite move of all time is Spaceballs, I’ve watched it more times than any other move. I’m still waiting for part 2 “The search for more money”, lol. But there are so many other movies I really enjoyed from the time period.

As for music, Guns N Roses is up there, Appetite for Destruction has some great tunes. Ozzy was good too. There was a lot of good music in the 80’s.

1 Like

One of the best hard rock records ever!!

1 Like

too young i had no interest in music in the 80’s and today i don’t listen to any old 80’s music, was more of a 90s child. my favorite 80’s movie though is probably ‘the goonies’ i think that was an 80’s movie.

1 Like