What was the worst job you ever had?

I once saw a guy vacuuming the toilets of an outhouse.

Now that was a job that literally sucked sh!t! lol!

4 Likes

I was asset protection at Walmart. I really liked that job :shrimp::shrimp::shrimp:

2 Likes

Working in retail

3 Likes

A lot of the time I worked with them as witness so the person couldn’t say “he/she touched me inappropriately” or something to that effect I also did cashier on night shift and would catch people trying to steal and took the stickers they put on the item off, they’d put a $1 barcode on a $30 pair of pants, but I had to be very careful I would have to walk up and say something to the effect of “oh no someone put a sticker over this one, let me get that off for you” they’d usually just ask for the items to be removed or just walk off and leave

4 Likes

Yup. You couldn’t stop them unless you had a witness. :whale::whale::whale:

2 Likes

I was a removal driver for a funeral home company. I drove around in a white van wearing a suit and tie collecting dead people and driving them to funeral homes or the airport. From hospitals, nursing homes, the coroner, people’s homes. You knew it was going to be bad when all the doors of a house where open and the cops where across the street. That and children’s hospital calls. It’s hot heavy often dirty thankless and depressing work. And you learn things about smell that nobody should have to experience.

3 Likes

We dissected dead humans in university and it smelled really bad, two girls passed out from seeing the dead body and they quit the program.

4 Likes

The worst job I ever had was being a Director of a small office for a large nonprofit. The management was toxic and nothing about it was fair. I did well in the job, but I couldn’t stay. They had a hard time replacing me as it’s a hard job to do and it was an office in an area that was hard to fundraise in. It is what it is.

I’m just finally over it exactly 17 years after I left.

3 Likes

Fazoli’s. You’d find spaghetti where it shouldn’t be possible.

1 Like

Mental health technician was simultaneously the worst and best gig I’ve ever had. That was after onset. I worked as a dish washer pre sz, the job wasn’t that bad but the owners straight up abused me.

1 Like

Dishwasher 15 character

1 Like

Every job was a torture for me as I had issues I could not identify with others and could not talk well.

2 Likes

I worked a single shift at a fast food restaurant when I was a teen. The two guys in the back with me kept trying to talk up this party and were pushing an invite. I was really, really uncomfortable that they wouldn’t take my no as an answer, so I never went back for another shift.

1 Like

Every job I ever had. Literally.

4 Likes

I worked in a steel recycling drum factory for a few weeks in summer in grade 10.

It was about 37 celsius one day and we were having to stack burning hot barrels that came out of the furnace and stack them 3 high in a semi truck trailer.

This italian guy was just barking at us and rolling barrels at us LOL he literally spoke no english so he barked or yelled.

Other times we had to be in the black tunnel where the barrels came out of the furnace and take the lids off. Fumes would spew out as we put the lids on a stack. We would take turns in groups of 3, whenever one of us felt like we were going to pass out we would trade and take a break.

Probably was illegal to hire a 15 year old and 13 year old for it but it sure gave the older employees a break :sweat_smile:

It was for 10 bucks an hour :grin:

5 Likes

Packing salmon in a factory

2 Likes

It was a one day job out of an employment agency. It was at this factory that was producing some kind of powdered soy beans. Maybe it was to be some kind of animal feed. When we started cleaning up the huge pipes the smell was incredibly bad. Some of the powder had gotten stuck in one of those huge pipes, and it had started to rot. The smell of that rotting powder was nearly overwhelmingly bad. We worked from three o’clock in the afternoon to about 2:00 am. We did not come out very much ahead on that job because that rotting powder ruined our clothes. It was impossible to get that smell out of them. … This reminds me of some of the reports I’ve seen about some of the really terrible jobs during the industrial revolution. Casualty rates were amazingly high. Working in a coal mine back then was nearly a guarantee of black lung. I saw this clip on the news about this female boxer whose family had worked for seven generations in the coal mines in West Virginia, and every one of them had died of black lung.

4 Likes

A lot of these jobs do sound very awful, but I think you, sir, win the worst job award. :nauseated_face:

Yikes.

3 Likes

Doing dishes for a seafood restaurant
Oh God almighty I hated that place so much
My co workers would call me insane, incested, ■■■■■■■■, dumbazz, ugly, b!tch
They would hold back dishes at night and dump the dinner rush dishes on me all at once so I didn’t usually get off my shift until 11:30 at night
No matter the effort I put in to my work ethic they would criticize me, never good enough
Eventually I left and didn’t come back after my break

Effin a hole cooks need to show some respect! :frowning:

Was not even about doing dishes, I didn’t mind it — it was just the vulgar things they would be say about me and make my job next to impossible because being a dishwasher is ‘bottom of the totem pole’

Nowadays I work in the cleaning industry as a janitor and it’s so much better, easy work good pay no BS :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.