What was the most successful part of your life

The most successful part of my life is starting at the third grade, until the 8th grade. I was very popular in elementary school. I was very gifted with soccer.

1 Like

Getting on meds at 29. After that I got married. Moved overseas for a couple of years and then moved back to Australia. I like the brain meds. Really dialed in my thought so that paranoia and stuff wasn’t an issue anymore.

2 Likes

Working for the local council at 18, tech support in the days of dot matrix printers and windows 3.1 . Lasted a year - i was in the bar at 5pm every day, and couldnt do it no more.

Would be on a right decent income by now, if i had stuck wth it.

2 Likes

@77nick77 just posted that his most productive years were early to mid 90s and I feel the same.

I had a job I loved, friends and girlfriends. The world was mine.

When I graduated from college I was a Medical Technologist for 5 years, then a Laboratory Research Technician for a year and then a Laboratory Scientist for 2 years. I had to quit 2 of those jobs because of poor environmental conditions.

1 Like

Last year in high school, I was 16-17 y.o. I excelled in school and had many good friends.

I suppose it depends on what you consider success. In my 20’s I was a music teacher in Los Angeles. But I had a second relapse and havnt worked since.

Now I have a house and a partner and a baby on the way. Even though I’m no longer teaching I consider myself now more successful than I was.

2 Likes

i’m successful now i think… i’m doing well on my meds except for negative symptoms but i do feel like it’s success. When i worked i should have been successful but i couldn’t cause of the positive symptoms i was dealing with.

4 Likes

When i was 30. My schizotypal disorder was well treated, finished university, had a beautiful, 10 year younger girlfriend and had a crime novel published at the biggest publisher in Denmark with good reviews and i won a literary price.

Now i can look forward to a life on disability, thanks to my MI.

2 Likes

When I was 17, I was able to study 13 hours a day, I had top grades in my class and studied philosophy and theology in my free time.

2 Likes

I’m a WIFE, Daughter and Sister

I guess it’s my biggest achievement

Or at least it’s as good as ‘husband and father’ that I’ve seen a man put alongside his achievements in life
(Beats chest)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.