What was the best year of your life?

I do not know what the best year might have been in the past, I think that I had quite nice years when I traveled in America, for example in 1996 I went to skiing in the Rocky Mountains near Denver, then I traveled to Jamaica, visited Miami a couple of times, traveled to Mexico and Venezuela. But all the years have been different, I am not dead yet and I may live the next 30+ years.

3 Likes

Ya know it’s kinda a tie. Like I’d say this year but I’m being left in the dust. Everybody I know is enjoying life and mine refuses to take off. Back when I was in college was a great time. I had my own place. Had friends and got to party. I didn’t work while I was in school but I know if I kept my mouth shut I could’ve held down a job. But my parents disapproved. Now my cousin who’s 10 years younger just bought a new truck while my parents insist I keep my old one. He just got his career started and a new place. Meanwhile I’ve waited 3 years and still no housing.

2 Likes

2011 right before I relapsed.

I was able to rationalize all my positive schizophrenic symptoms away and had motivation to get married, work get off disability, and have a child of my own.

I was also enjoying my hobbies and was wanting to compete nationally at bicycle racing.

2 Likes

i dont look back on any of my life with envy

2 Likes

Every year before the age of ten or so. Things radically changed but even now atm I feel quite content.

1 Like

Mine was the summer I discovered Tears for Fears. It was summer vacation and all I did that summer was listen to The Seeds of Love and play Tetris. I was so happy! I was probably 13 or so.

3 Likes

When I was 15 or 21. When I was 15 sports were going great for me and I was really happy. When I was 21 I had all that extra energy from basic training and thought I was invincible.

3 Likes

Idk i had alot of great years considering that i and my family wasnt in a deep struggle. Probably 2014 in my adult years cus i was going to school had the car i wanted with a great sound system and was doing everything i wanted to do. I was too busy to travel but i had no sz and was burnin it down with my new friends at the time. :disappointed_relieved: considering the fact that 4 years prior i lost my first vehicle and ended up in a coma for some weeks i would say thats an improvement. It doesnt take much to make me happy :laughing: although i wish i feel like that emoji i just put cause thats how i use to feel all the time before my psychotic break and meds now im like :slight_smile: :neutral_face:

1 Like

I loved 12. I used to hang with a boy named John. He,I and my sister and cousin would sit on the sidewalk outside my house in the summer and talk for hours

2 Likes

My family is super patriotic. We love our military men and women

1 Like

Sorry I let you down. I got an honorable discharge, but it didn’t feel very honorable.

1 Like

I peaked when I was a toddler. Really.

2 Likes

What happened? Were you injured or something?

1 Like

Got called out for stealing so I tried to kill myselft. I have a lot of delusions about what happened. It was mostly my fault though.

I don’t know what to say. You didn’t let me down. Everyone makes mistakes. Don’t beat yourself up. Okay?

2 Likes

Thanks @Loke

1 Like

2006 I graduated college. Was making good money. Stayed in a luxury apartment on my own. Went out a lot. I blew a lot of money. It was nice. I felt successful.

3 Likes

Probably 1998. My elbows were still good, I was totally sane, had lots of friends, still in high school, and if I hadn’t gotten obsessed over Quake for the PC I would have gotten into academia and been something.

3 Likes

I am grateful really
I had many good years I thankful to God
It is also becoz I studied well in many years of my life I also suffered failing in college to a degree I failed four years out of five years I struggle and graduate and I still struggle in work and life is going on :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Early 2000’s, was slender, pretty, well dressed and no intrusive thoughts

2 Likes