What type of music is the smashing pumpkins?

I mean they are not really grunge or rock. I suppose you could say alternative but that is pretty vague.

2 Likes

Alternative is my guess

1 Like

iTunes says alternative :o)

1 Like

Alternative Rock apparently. I bought a couple of their CDs in my day.

1 Like

They are great. Seen them live too.

2 Likes

They were once categorized with the other Grunge bands.
But they are more Alternative than anything else.
I liked them but they were never considered one of my favorite bands.

1 Like

man, I used to be sooo into Smashing Pumpkins back in the ninetiesā€¦them and soundgarden. a lot of other bands but heavy rotation on Melon collie and the infinite sadnessā€¦

2 Likes

despite all the rAge I am stil ljust a RAT in a cAge!
I havenā€™t heard that song in a while, but I loved to listen to it over and over!
I was like the angry goth child growing up lol. I loved smashing pumpkins, deftones, korn, marilyn manson. I still do, actually! Good stuff!

3 Likes

bullet with butterfly wingsā€¦ very poetic titleā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™d say grunge or post-grunge. I really like Smashing Pumpkins

1 Like

Hard to say. They borrow from many genres. Anyways, you should be listening to the Jesus and Mary Chain instead.

I guess Iā€™m really oldā€¦I have CDs with the Sex Pistols AND Garth Brooks in the same discā€¦when I was in Florida State Hospital the only radio station we got was Countryā€¦and when Iā€™m psychotic I play Weird Al Yankovic with ā€œAmish Paradiseā€ in my head. Who out there listens to NPR?

hey,

Alternative got popular with Nirvanaā€¦that was the first crossover band so eveything after Nevermind was no longer alternativeā€¦

Saw the Smashing Pumpkins with the Breeders and Teenage Fanclub in a set at the first big day out down the Gold Coast in Australiaā€¦amazing bandā€¦

Iā€™d still say Siamese Dream was Alternative. It was still something the mainstream didnā€™t get to involved inā€¦after thatā€¦mainstream wasnā€™t such a stretch!

A friend in the struggle,

rogueone.

Alt rock 15151515

Alternative indie rock! Although the indie term has changed a bit. Love the SP