What to use for muscle and joint pain?

I cant take advil, asprin or any NSAID. I have been doing a lot of walking plus an old knee injury is acting up.

Any suggestions welcome including home remedies for muscle soreness.

I have heard ginger is a powerful anti-inflammitory, but i dont know how to use it? (powder spice vs. fresh, or recipes including fresh ginger).

i know the ginger would work, but take a while. Any immediate help?

any good recipes for fresh ginger? i tried it in a milk shake but didnt like it that way. i would like to try it other ways.

Try foam rolling. Does wonders for me. Get a long foam roller and use it on your whole body. It works wonders. Hurts so good.

2 Likes

I like Aspercream with Trolamine as the ingredient. Some people like Lidocaine.

1 Like

Salonpas works really good for me.

1 Like

I use Castor oil. Just put it on whatever hurts and massage it in. It works. Don’t drink it because it is also a laxative.

1 Like

Clams and a roach clip?

2 Likes

soo…How do the clams fit into this? Or is one of those ‘sorry i asked things’?:open_mouth:

1 Like

Is it chronic pain, or just something bothering you today? If it’s chronic, you might want to get a script for physical therapy. I learned a bunch of exercises there that have helped me keep my knee and shoulder pain at bay for the past 15 years.

1 Like

It is that awful muscle pain all over the general body when one sits around too much for a long time. Then decides to try to act like she is 20 yrs old again all the sudden.

I know if i keep the activity up it will wear away in 2 - 3 wks., but constant dull aches is…well…a pain.

not anything serious enough for a doctor, was just hoping for a few things to try at home for temporary relief.

If you can afford it, going for a massage might help. A hot bath could also relax your muscles.

1 Like

Ah… a trip to the mall massage booth for $20 bucks? yes, i think i will give that a try! for got all about that. Did that for my back once, worked great

I’ll try one of those rub-on pain relievers suggested here too, but maybe after the massage.

Thanks!

1 Like

Simple. At the beaches in California we have these creatures called “Mussels”. They are sea creatures that are similar to clams. They are a hard shell with a little clam-like creature inside. You find these things attached to rocks that ocean water is usually washing over. They tend to be in clusters of 10, 20, or 30 and anything in between. I haven’t been to the beach in 5 years so I haven’t seen any in a long time. I think they are edible but if the ocean water is polluted like Santa Cruz beach gets sometimes it will pollute the creature inside will be polluted too. I guess a roach clip doesn’t need explaining.

1 Like

Boswellia is an anti-inflammatory herb that inhibits the COX pathway, but is pretty safe to take with no intestinal side-effects like LOX inhibitors cause. The only noticeable side-effect is somewhat looser bowel movements.

I use it for my arthritis and chronic headaches, and life gets easier when it kicks in about a half hour after taking it.

1 Like

wow. Thanks! lots of good ideas here!

Most people dont know about the COX pathways so i really was not exspecting another … well… natural cure.:rofl:

1 Like

oh gawd… just had another Steve Martin - The Jerk moment.

:rofl:

Maybe try an arithritis cream

1 Like

I have a huge problem with this , they say I’m allergic to a.p.'s Dr gives me cogenten or bezotfopen . I hate it so what I have found works better without making me feel weird is fish oil, glucosamine, and a one a.day vitamin. Not sure if they all help a little or it’s just one , tend to think it’s the combination. Occasionally I take what the Dr gives me. My muscles are also so stiff at night that u take muscle relaxers, they are a necessity for good sleep. Also bought a sauna and it helps a bit.

What’s that mean?

This is what I use when I have physical pain. It’s a great soother for achy limbs and joint pain.

1 Like