What to do?

Seeking sobriety has been at the forefront of my being. Without sobriety, I wouldn’t be able to live presently and plan for tomorrow. I know the stay at home orders is tough on all of us. For me, not having a job or quiet hobbies has been a challenge, most of my hobbies involve sport and being with others. I don’t foresee the at home orders to let up anytime soon.
I’ve just been reinstated on disability (yay!) and presently seeking low stress employment. What to do?

• Move to another country with a lower cost of living, work, save, and have an easier lifestyle
  • Travel and seek enlightenment
  • Stay status quo and look for low stress job / stay at home hobbies

Ok , nvm I’m batty!

I use the SoberTime app and InTheRooms app to keep the support and focus of my sobriety. I also was going hiking not just because it was required in my job but because there weren’t crowds

1 Like

Moving to another country can be pretty stressful and hard if you don’t have a good bank behind you. Even in cheaper Asia it’s not the easiest thing to do. You lose your support networks, access to levels of medicine etc. I think it’s admirable you see the need to change your lifestyle but maybe something closer to home first to get on your feet so to speak.

1 Like

@longhorn21: I wish we lived in a smaller world and I could just hike into the next city, country. Where are my moon boots!

@rogueone: Baby steps sound more reasonable. Access to care and meds is a big one, I’m pretty much set up here. I feel like I’m running from the boogetyman sometimes, it’s hard to continually apologize/ avoid people around me.
Do your cricket teammates know of your dz?

1 Like

Dude same! I love hiking so much if I could end up in a different city or state every time I did it would be awesome!

1 Like

Hey matey. Some know I’m sz. They don’t know what it means but I was a captain of a side there when I was psychotic so the old heads remember me pretty psychotic. I’m pretty open but it’s still not worth telling some. They just have no idea.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.