What to do with 125k

What would you do with this extra money.

1 Like

I would spend, or donate to charities, before the government finds out.

1 Like

Buy an apartment, a house? Definetly a permanent living space that you couldn’t be kicked out of

donate some to the poor.

Second! buy a property.

You can send it to me!

Seriously, if you have that money,

You should make a down payment on a house.

1 Like

Would you buy a house or apartment for that money in America @anon54386108 ?

I would pay off my house or possibly buy another house to use as a rental property.

1 Like

It depends on what part of America you are talking about. In the rural Midwest, you could buy 3 decent homes for that price. Where I live, you could buy 1. In more expensive areas, you could only use it for a down payment.

1 Like

That would hardly be enough for a down payment where I live.

For a conventional loan, anyway.

But it’d be a nice start.

2 Likes

Ha imagine having three homes

1 Like

If I bought another home one day, I would probabbly give it to my sister.

it’s an interesting figure, cuz that’s what my house cost when I bought it, 125K. got a government loan. USDA.

125k? I would buy my council flat. Having that amount in my bank would screw my disabilty benefits, so id spend it as quick as possible!

1 Like

im not sure what i would do with the money. right now dad has invested for me about 30k i will inherit when he dies. can’t have more than a couple grand and stay on medicaid though. i would be tempted to start a youtube channel and use the money for travel and production. i can’t really buy a nice house in my hometown for 125k though. i’ve also thought about paying for my niece and nephews college with my extra money and staying in subsidized apartments. another thought i had was to travel to europe and to stay until i was deported haha.

2 Likes

what about Your college?

1 Like

maybe online. no interest in going to a brick and mortar at my age. plus i don’t really want to work, so what’s the point in getting a degree? and i don’t know what i would study? maybe economics or spanish or nutrition?

1 Like

Covert the garage into a granny annexe

well, just as an accomplishment.

I’m the first person in my immediate family to earn a college degree.

After that, I did some online learning, but rarely liked the instructor, even one, after telling me my essays were like creative writing,
told me I should drop the course. hmm.

well, I’m derailing this thread, sorry all.

1 Like

you should invest it into index funds, for the rest of your life. if you had invested the money six years again, you’d have over a quarter million in the s and p 500. if you invested it ten or eleven years ago, you’d be well on your way to probably like half a million. in the nasdaq you’d have over 400 thousand. the s and p better represents the overall market though. i’m super knowledgeable about investing for the long haul if you want more info.

1 Like