What the career advisor told me

The career advisor basically said I would be better off going to a 4 - year school.

This kind of confirmed my paranoid suspicions that the community college is sick of me going there.

Oh well. Now I am searching for online degrees that would be easy to complete.

Thank you for reading. :v: Take care.

6 Likes

It’s still your decision at the end of the day isn’t it?

1 Like

It is. You have a good point @everhopeful I just feel kind of out of place going to a community college. I am in my mid 30’s. And a lot of people go there that are fresh out of high school.

So there is kind of some generational differences. (A long with being older and having Sza.)

1 Like

I would take that as a compliment. You would be better off at a four year university because you can get s higher degree there. People often get lost and flounder and drop out at junior college. This counselor sees potential in you! That’s wonderful that you’re moving on to bigger and better things. I wish you the greatest success. I really do. :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you @Hedgehog!

Yeah, the counselor said she looked over my transcripts and she said I have a ton of credits. It’s just a matter of finding something that will keep my interest for another 2 - 3 years.

I was considering getting a theology degree, but I think that would be a little dangerous to get into because of religious delusions.

So now I am leaning towards accounting, business, or some kind of social science.

Take care :v:

1 Like

That is awesome! I get the theology “thing”. Accounting is like the opposite, right?! :wink: You should be really proud of yourself.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Yes, accounting is definitely more left brain. All numbers and that’s easy to handle. I try to be proud of my accomplishments, but I am so hard on myself.

Today I will work on that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes