What success levels do you have in your life right now

I have more success in my life now, because I have my friends, but they keep giving me the run a round. I also go to drum lessons once a week so that makes my feel more successful. That gives me more structure as well. I also have a good relationship with my drum teacher. He understands my diagnoses and he seems to accept me.

7 Likes

I don’t have much success in my life right now. I just have a lot of attempts at things and failures. I keep trying to better myself but fall flat. But I guess my one success is that I’m not giving up and I still have hope to get better and improve myself.

4 Likes

I’m a full time student and have a volunteer job. I get good grades. I am also dating, and have friends that love me despite my illness. I am as happy as you can be with this illness. I do this all while still experiencing somewhat regular symptoms.

2 Likes

I hold down a job that is pretty demanding, I pay student loans and child support without fail. My social life could be better though.

2 Likes

I socialize sometime… usually with and because of my husband. I am a good mom I think. I care for about my husband well. I take showers more often now than usual … 30 seconds. I am successful at solitude and appreciating time alone. I’m getting better at accepting my diagnoses of BP1, sCHIZOTYPAL AND GAD

I have friends and I’ve been regularly exercising for several months now. I’m trying to get myself to a point where I can work. I feel that my main success is that I haven’t given up.

1 Like

@leafy, as long as you don’t give up, you haven’t failed yet. I know that line of thinking is easier said than done, but it’s true. You may have to accept some things about yourself, but you don’t have to give up on everything just because you can’t do everything you would like to. I hope this isn’t coming across preachy. I don’t mean it that way. I’m just trying to encourage you.

2 Likes

I think the same thing and do the same thing.

2 Likes

I was born financially stable, always took care of my body. Won’t allow people to get close enough to play with my emotions or give me the coronavirus. I just have an occasional self destructive break down every now then.

Let me brag for a trio of Anthem Makers from Canuckadada, Rush: “I am living in the limelight, the Universal dream, for those who wish to be, must put aside the alienation, get on with the fascination (the humiliation, the underlying theme).”

As I walk through the valley, I fear all evil. Up atop the mountain, I look back to the valley, see the clouds that covered me, now I am set Free.

Just trying to keep my head above water. Maintain what I got. I have the part-time job, and some other trappings. I get around the community pretty well, take care of my money, make and go to my appointments. I had four appointments to go to today. I called in to cancel the first one.

The appointment was at 8:30 am and I would have had to get up at 6:30 am to shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, get there a half hour early to find parking and find the doctors office. I failed at that one. Didn’t get up in time.

My second appointment was supposed be with my GP at 11:00 am but when I showed up at the clinic my case worker told me they don’t have appointments on Thursdays anymore. It would have been nice if someone informed me of that ahead of time. The third appointment was with my case worker and I made that one and that went OK. My last appointment was clear across town with my nutritionist. I made that one too. She is this Mexican woman and she is so pretty. And nice too. It went pretty well, she helped me some. I won’t see her again for three months though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.