What succeeds in some places

A lot of people where I lived gave this one guy a lot more respect than he deserved. They thought he was bad. In reality when he was running as fast as he could it was about a slow jog for everyone else. He couldn’t bench press half his weight. One person said he was morally strong. Well, he tried to rape a crippled guy. If three of us hadn’t told our case manager about it he would have succeeded. That just goes to show you what succeeds in this crazy world.

I assume you meant to say they thought he was good. I don’t think physical abilities has anything to do with a persons morals or should be a merit of judging anyone, but there’s no excuse for trying to rape someone. Sometimes bad people get recognition by good people, if they are able to hide their true self. It’s not fair, but that’s just how it is I guess. Best to make up ones own mind about someone instead of accepting hearsay.

It works the other way around too though. There were a lot of people talking down a colleague of mine that I had not yet worked with at the time. Whenever they tried to convince me she was no good, I just told them, I wouldn’t know since I never had worked with her. Now that I have worked with her, I don’t know what they were talking about. I think she is a good and nice person, although she is a bit strict, but I don’t see anything wrong with that. I try to never go on hearsay anymore.

2 Likes

It just goes to show you what a person’s conversation and social skills does for them socially. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen a wimp successfully pass himself off as a bad ass. The best thing is not to worry about it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.