What subculture were you part of when you were young?

Idk how its called. Fresh/rap/hiphop. I listened to hiphop/reggaeton music, played with friends basketball and soccer. I still listen to mostly hiphop and reggaeton, some Arabic.

1 Like

French and English rap/hiphop.

Hmmā€¦ It was just me and my best friend in my teens. We went though a phase of wearing baggy trousers, grunge look :nauseated_face:

We even used to wear this same top and put on a performance for our parentsā€¦ Back thenā€¦ And playsā€¦ She was creative it was all her initiative.

Then, at uni I was part of a group. Iā€™d call us the not nerds not cool group we were just non labelled
Idk how I could label our grp.

I only keep in touch with one of them

At my postgraduate degree I was not part of anything. My friend was, my food :cold_face:

1 Like

I was part of the it rubs the lotion on itā€™s skin subculture.

2 Likes

I guess I was part of the jocks, the nerds, and the rebels, but im not sure i felt part of anything at the same time.

1 Like

Rebel
Music group

I was part of the Metalhead / Stoner / musician crowd. I say Metalhead, which really only describes me around 16 or 17. I still loved Neil Young above all others

I was also part of the Rowdy Bunch, always getting in ā– ā– ā– ā–  causing trouble

There was exactly one Punker at our high school, a guy named Rick. I always had huge respect for him, because he expressed himself no matter what anyone thought

In secondary school I also had no friends there. So 5 years of being alone. year 7 I was fine. But then it went downhill. So my subculture was the library, going home for lunch and actually hiding in the toilet cubicle sometimes.

1 Like

High school - My group of friends and I looked like nerds, but we got bad grades. No one noticed us. Almost invisible.

1 Like

Gothic is my favourite style.

My brother said I looked gothic this Sunday.

I was punk scene for a while otherwise nothing really.
Iā€™m such a softie though n couldnā€™t do aggression etc
I do love punk clothing too mostly.

Hippie every now n then too.

I didnā€™t really fit in anywhere in a way.

I want to be gothic now but not aaaalways.too much maintenance perhaps too.

My favourite now is biker because person I love most is a biker n is the coolest there is and has perfect taste in music .his radio is my favourite music.
Heavy metal, rock,country tiny bit blues.

3 Likes

Raver
Gamer
Swimmer
The trio of being called a p*ssy where I grew up lol.
I also listened and still listen to metal but wouldnā€™t call myself a metal head.

1 Like

I was a down ass Juggalo and a stoner. Glad those days are behind me now.

gamer, rock, and stoner

1 Like

i was a jock and prep until about 16. at 16 i started smoking pot and hanging out with stoners, although i continued to play a lot of basketball. couldā€™ve played division 3 basketball in college but i transitioned to full time stoner for a few years and decided to quit playing. havenā€™t smoked pot in 6 years and my memory thanks me for it.

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t cope in my family with 15 and turned to alcohol,tabbaco and marijuana. With 20 i changed my life and lived the lie. In my 50s i am living in reality as close it can get. I am back with my good old friends again.

2 Likes

Chess club, then hardcore into online gaming. But I didnā€™t do much with that outside of my house in person.

2 Likes

Look, when I was a child and teenager my situation was simply poor.
After onset, I became an old school geek for a time, studying mathematics with books and notebooks.
I was also a bodybuilder for a time. I am still into bodybuilding and studying now, but not as intensely
as I was in the past.

2 Likes

Hippies. Had the long hair and beard (lol had hair!).

2 Likes

randomly got this from inspirobot.me

2 Likes

I was in choir- not sure if thatā€™s a subculture.

2 Likes