What should you tell your psychiatrist?

I agree you need medications to feel well

Geodon didnā€™t affect my sleeping patterns. My sleeping patterns were always wacky, and they stayed the same when I was on Geodon and Seroquel. Those drugs have done a good job of handling my psychosis, though.

Nope, I quit olanzapine (40mg) after 8 years because of the side effects. I switched to abilify and it didnā€™t work, I became psychotic in short order and had to go back on olanzapine. Then a few years later I started lowering my dose, again due to side effects, and when I got down to about 10mg I became psychotic again. I am now on Lurasidone. Iā€™ve had schizophrenia for 17 years and every time I quit meds or lower the dose too much I become psychotic, for me it is for life. I use to hate the fact that I had to be on meds but Iā€™ve come to accept Iā€™ll be on meds forever, I donā€™t care anymore.

Same thing happened to me with olanzapine. Ever since I quit olanzapine I canā€™t sleep anymore. I have to take 1.5mg of clonazepam just to sleep. There are thousands of people on the Internet complaining about the same thing.

Hi everyone,

My doctor dont want to lower my dose. I take the same dose around 4 years.
The last time i have some bad verbal communication with him. I told him that all the time when i go at him he only speak for him self and how he dont eat much, how he go to thertana and stuff like that. He even dosnt know that with all that talking about staying fit im more and more sad. He like doctor should know that im stresful when he speak for good loking when im fighting with 25 kilos plus.
Dont know what to do. My family are strict to go to him. Im 33 and dont want to listen them because im tired very much of this situation. I literally dont know what to do. Im in bad mood all the time.

I have two psychiatrists. But only newly